Added new solarensis wrasse

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there I just added a new solar wrasse to my 90 gal and I already had a melanarus and yellow Coris wrasse in my tank. Since I added my solar wrasse the melanarus has been chasing the new solar wrasse. So my question will this behavior change and will they get along after couple days or will this happen nonstop til the solar wrasse is dead?

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say....generally new additions will face some type of harassment as existing territories are defended. If there are plenty of spaces for the new Wrasse to escape, with your size tank I wouldn't think it'd be an issue.

OP
OP
brownjoshua475

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say....generally new additions will face some type of harassment as existing territories are defended. If there are plenty of spaces for the new Wrasse to escape, with your size tank I wouldn't think it'd be an issue.
Thanks the new solarensis wrasse just hanged out at the top of the tank and melanarus was at bottom of tank and occasionally swam to the top and chased him around. Then when I fed the tank the melanarus wouldn't let the new wrasse eat. I do have plenty of rock work and caves.

OP
OP
brownjoshua475

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update today I came home from work and the wrasse wasn't out and about I fed the tank and I still didn't see him. I checked around the tank to see if he jumped threw the cracks but I didn't see anything. I hope nothing happened to him him

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back