Adding a 2nd pair of clownfish?

Venzzla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you wouldn't recommend doing this, generally speaking its a disaster waiting to happen. So is it best to get to from the same tank at your LFS? or better to just go ahead and spend the money and get a pair? Also, when they say pair is that term used loosely? Anotherwords, does that mean they have mated before? or does that mean they just are a pair and don't fight?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you wouldn't recommend doing this, generally speaking its a disaster waiting to happen. So is it best to get to from the same tank at your LFS? or better to just go ahead and spend the money and get a pair? Also, when they say pair is that term used loosely? Anotherwords, does that mean they have mated before? or does that mean they just are a pair and don't fight?

In a normal size tank, more than a pair that are not from same clutch almost always end up fighting, it just may take a little time depending on age/maturity.

If clowns are 2 that have accepted each other, male and female, that would be called a bonded pair, once they spawn they would be called a mated pair.

If you are looking at multiples, I would buy a group of juvies from a breeder that is selling from same clutch, otherwise I would stick to one pair.

Venzzla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a normal size tank, more than a pair that are not from same clutch almost always end up fighting, it just may take a little time depending on age/maturity.

If clowns are 2 that have accepted each other, male and female, that would be called a bonded pair, once they spawn they would be called a mated pair.

If you are looking at multiples, I would buy a group of juvies from a breeder that is selling from same clutch, otherwise I would stick to one pair.

Thanks for your input. I think I will stick to one pair, taking the risk isn't worth it to me.

Garen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a matched pair of small orange/white ocellaris clowns who are very non-territorial and I'm contemplating adding a pair of black/white ones.

Good idea or not?

Since the tank is now pretty stable in terms of water parameters was also thinking of adding a BTA (or 2 if I also add 2 more clowns)

RSR350 so scope to house the anenomes at either end
Hi I have same question I have a pair which I've had for about a yr and have been offered a pair from a friend. I have a 90 gal tank with no anemones not sure if no anemones make a difference

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your mistake was MAROONS...they fight with everything...docile clowns like skunks might have worked..or juvenille's of other types..

leahkammeraad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My research says pair or group I have 6 ocellaris clowns 3 "Nemo" 2 black and a frostbite(f) they mostly get along nobody gets bullied too much the girl will sometimes go after one of the boys but if someone gets singled out he hides for a bit and then everybody is good when he joins back up with the group

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a matched pair of small orange/white ocellaris clowns who are very non-territorial and I'm contemplating adding a pair of black/white ones.

Good idea or not?

Since the tank is now pretty stable in terms of water parameters was also thinking of adding a BTA (or 2 if I also add 2 more clowns)

RSR350 so scope to house the anenomes at either end
Not really, as there probably will only be 1 female, or they will fight to be the female, so not that good of an idea.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 172 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back