OP
OP
lou dog420

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I will probably have to break out the mirror for the yellow. I first used it when I added the anthias, he really wanted to kill them for about 3 days but they were just to slick for him to catch.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently added a copperband a few weeks ago for aptaisia as well to no avail. He doesn't touch it. It took 5-6 days before he'd even start eating black worms. He wouldn't take blood or anything else so he was on black worms for about a week trying everything under the sun. Eventually I ran out and could get more for a few days and it got him hungry enough to start frozen. Now he eats anything frozen and has picked at pellets but I think they are too big. On the note about parasites... I did notice what I believe must be a couple flukes on him just the other day and am at a loss what to do about them

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't found them to be any more pron to parasites than any other fish. I have seen a ton of them recently with lymphocystis like it is going out of style though. I'd rather have lymph than anything else of a copper banded though. I brought mine home completely covered (he was free) and my peppermint shrimp of all things had him clean in a day. It was a pretty odd sight to see.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine made it through QT and is in the DT since Sunday. Not the reason I got him, but I haven't seen him eat any Aptasia yet. He eats almost everything I feed my fish, mysis, bs, LRS, but loves black worms. He's not shy like the others and will come right up and eat the black worms as they come out of the eye dropper.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The CBB is a gorgeous fish!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my copperband eating worms a couple of years ago when he was a youngster. He is much bigger now.
Video

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too want to eventually get a Copperband. Those that have them and feed clams how often do you offer them a clam? Also, please forgive my ignorance on this, but where do you get live black worms from and how do you store the ones that you haven't fed to your Copperband yet?
I bought some at a pet store recently (for a copperband, btw). I keep them in the frig, changed the water every few days (freshwater), gave them some reef roids now and then, and they were still alive when I feed the last of them a month later. My QT has lots of pods, so the CB wasn't too interested in the black worms. I believe some people have made feeders for the CB out of small diameter PVC pipe that is drilled with holes. It allows the CB to eat at its own pace.

Boiler13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to steal from this thread, but I will be getting a copperband this weekend and was wondering if I need to quarantine him. The reason I ask is that he has been a one of my friends systems for over 6 months and he hasn't had any disease in his tank. I'd think it wouldn't be necessary, but what do I know.

Chrissemar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted a copperband this makes me want to give it a try. But I always heard they may nip at corals. Anybody have experience with that.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to steal from this thread, but I will be getting a copperband this weekend and was wondering if I need to quarantine him. The reason I ask is that he has been a one of my friends systems for over 6 months and he hasn't had any disease in his tank. I'd think it wouldn't be necessary, but what do I know.

If you ask Humblefish you will get one answer and if you ask me you will get a different answer. So someone else should answer that for you. :D

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great fish

IMG_0523.JPG

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBBs are beautiful. I have had good success against aiptasia with 1) a matted file fish and 2) a Klein's butterfly. The Klein's doesn't bother micro feather dusters in my nanotank and doesn't seem to nip on corals much as long as he is well fed. The matted file fish was a nibbler at first, but since I have been feeding mysis, has stopped bothering corals.

Bruce

david00061

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang said no way to the coopernand. I've got a 500 gallon tank. I had to get him out and still died. Mr. Yellow beat the ##@# out of him

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back