Adding a Freshwater Forum to R2R?

How would you feel about a freshwater section being added to R2R?

• (Top two options will mean you want it feel free to change your answer if you didn’t notice that)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again editing again

New poll not as messy for discussions please continue to use this thread not that one the new one only for the poll https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/another-poll-for-the-freshwater-discussion.653807 *hey quick note*
If you are reading this thread leave your comment down below and vote trying to get as many people as i can

*another quick note*
I’ve been noticing that people aren’t reading through the entire thread where some important points have been made but that’s ok. Some of the most important right now is that if there is a freshwater forum, it will be separated. I’m noticing many people are voting no because they think it will be messy and they won’t get to see the reef posts. As I said in the thread on page like I don’t know 5 or something, there could be an option for seeing the freshwater or seeing the reef or seeing both.

So I’ve been thinking about this for a while:
If you are reading this thread leave your comment down below and vote trying to get as many people as i can

So I’ve been thinking about this for a while:
Most people who have a reef tank (not all) have or at one point n their life have had a freshwater tank. I actually only have a freshwater tank now because my reef died over the summer. ANyways so I talked to @revhtree and he said maybe so i just wanted to see if anyone else would want this. R2r is a friendlier place than other forums so that’s why i though of this. Please vote below or above wherever it shows up.
Thanks

Last edited:

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two different worlds. Probably the forum name have to be change. Reef 2 Reef doesn't have anything to do with freshwater. On the other hand It will bring more people from the freshwater keepers to saltwater. IMO, keep it like it is, a saltwater community.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two different worlds. Probably the forum name have to be change. Reef 2 Reef doesn't have anything to do with freshwater. On the other hand It will bring more people from the freshwater keepers to saltwater. IMO, keep it like it is, a saltwater community.
We could still keep the name...

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted yes, because I have both. It was actually my freshwater tank that inspired me to go salty, and in turn hunt for this forum. I don’t see why a name change would be needed, as not all salt tanks are reefs, and we have those here as well though not many I’m sure. So a small sub section would be kinda cool to have for fresh tank questions and builds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted yes, because I have both. It was actually my freshwater ankle that inspired me to go salty, and in turn hunt for this forum. I don’t see why a name change would be needed, as not all salt tanks are reefs, and we have those here as well though not many I’m sure. So a small sub section would be kinda cool to have for fresh tank questions and builds.
Same with me ;)

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no. For me, freshwater and saltwater are different worlds. Sure, some of my knowledge of freshwater helped out when I started keeping saltwater but there is A LOT of differences. R2R is already a very comprehensive forum with many sub forums to navigate. Adding freshwater to the site would only add to that and I feel it would start getting confusing. I could see people looking at the recent post and responding without seeing if it was a freshwater or saltwater question.

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love freshwater tanks and I think this would be a great idea. I am very knowledgeable about freshwater fish keeping and I'm sure others here are as well. It could attract novices to freshwater and when they explore the rest of the forum find that reefing is actually the way they want go. The forum I use for freshwater has a small marine section and there seems to be no problem there keeping the two topics separate.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love freshwater tanks and I think this would be a great idea. I am very knowledgeable about freshwater fish keeping and I'm sure others here are as well. It could attract novices to freshwater and when they explore the rest of the forum find that reefing is actually the way they want go. The forum I use for freshwater has a small marine section and there seems to be no problem there keeping the two topics separate.
Agreed. Most of the mixed forums I’m a part of are easily navigated, so I don’t see that as an issue. The layout of this site makes it very easy to see what the question is referring to.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love freshwater, but don’t love any freshwater forums. Freshwater is a much bigger portion of the hobby , but the forums seem pretty bogus.
Freshwater presence on YouTube is great, as is my local club. I would like a forum as good as reef2reef for freshwater, not sure if it should exist here or not.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love freshwater, but don’t love any freshwater forums. Freshwater is a much bigger portion of the hobby , but the forums seem pretty bogus.
Freshwater presence on YouTube is great, as is my local club. I would like a forum as good as reef2reef for freshwater, not sure if it should exist here or not.
Exactly my point we can make it here

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if there was a sub forum for freshwater that didn't show up on the main recent page.
Hmmm... but then no one would be able to find it. Maybe like you know when you click forums? Next to forums , it should say freshwater forums that you can also click that brings you to the basic freshwater forum. One thing I think we should do is not separate too many categories

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on a forum called fishforums.net and I think its pretty good. There are several members on there that really know their stuff.

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their forum isn’t as good and is also laggy
I have my issues with the site to be sure and it was a lot better years ago when I first started on it but I still like it. There's a wide range of knowledgeable people that really helped me out when I started.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my issues with the site to be sure and it was a lot better years ago when I first started on it but I still like it. There's a wide range of knowledgeable people that really helped me out when I started.
It would be nice to expand r2r

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back