Adding a Freshwater Forum to R2R?

How would you feel about a freshwater section being added to R2R?

• (Top two options will mean you want it feel free to change your answer if you didn’t notice that)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change is a good thing, diversity is a better thing. Would be a shame to build friends here only to have to go to another forum to share your experiences and ask for advice. It’s a yes from me!
Good point thanks for the vote but a lot of people still don’t want it :(

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No offense , Reef2Reef MEANS . . . . . REEF

However, as with reef Squad, we could create (??) contacts for freshwater concerns as there are members who have fresh and saltwater in their homes. I have answered some freshwater questions as I owned a full line store for many years and have the knowledge.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense , Reef2Reef MEANS . . . . . REEF

However, as with reef Squad, we could create (??) contacts for freshwater concerns as there are members who have fresh and saltwater in their homes. I have answered some freshwater questions as I owned a full line store for many years and have the knowledge.
Yes that is what i mean we, many people already have freshwater knowledge

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the people viewing, you can leave a comment if you want. Also for the people who say no why do you think r2r can’t be freshwater?

bearsfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Expanding the forum will only increase the hobby as a whole. Many folks (myself included) run both or at least have had both at one time or another.

as an additional bonus, those coming here for FW will get more exposure to saltwater and we may be helping the hobby grow. What better way to bring in new people than to share with them the combined experience and knowledge base that makes up R2R? A new person to the hobby will learn the differences between fresh and salt and perhaps pick up good habits and care tips from such exposure.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Expanding the forum will only increase the hobby as a whole. Many folks (myself included) run both or at least have had both at one time or another.

as an additional bonus, those coming here for FW will get more exposure to saltwater and we may be helping the hobby grow. What better way to bring in new people than to share with them the combined experience and knowledge base that makes up R2R? A new person to the hobby will learn the differences between fresh and salt and perhaps pick up good habits and care tips from such exposure.
;)

Misbar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting. I've been into freshwater for about 5 years and have been on 2 freshwater forums. The first one I was on was a small community and very supportive, unfortunately it discontinued. The second was much, much larger. Within one week of being on that forum people were telling me that what I was doing is wrong and inconvenient. Without any sort of proof other than personal opinion! Language was also a serious problem, especially when considering that there are younger people viewing the threads. IMO freshwater is easier and less expensive than saltwater. So there will be more people doing it and more people taking it less seriously.

I think it would be good to have a freshwater section as a category on this forum. It would be a supportive, clean place for those interested/involved in it.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would happily contribute if a freshwater subforum were on here. With people like @d2mini and @Broadfield doing freshwater builds, it could gain traction.
I too would contribute, as I keep two fresh tanks :) would love to post up builds and updates for them.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote no. as stated R2R means Reef. This could mean Dbl, triple the amount of work that Revtree & the moderators would have to do to keep-up with everything.
They could appoint freshwater moderators. I know some forums have the ability to make a mod for one section and not others. I’m willing to volunteer myself for that as I am quite sure others would step up to do the same.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots Interesting conversation interesting conversation and yes/sure for freshwater forum is losing by 1...

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be a good idea ! I just changed my 90 gallon over a while to Malawi cichlid tank and I have a 80 gallon rimless mixed reef tank .i just didn’t have time to do 2 reef tanks ...

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back