Adding a Freshwater Forum to R2R?

How would you feel about a freshwater section being added to R2R?

• (Top two options will mean you want it feel free to change your answer if you didn’t notice that)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On further thought.
Not sure it is needed here tbh. Its a rather “off topic” genre which is perfectly suited in the lounge section. I have 2 different lounge threads over my outdoor pond. One just about a pool noodle. Just like everything else in the lounge if a not interested party doesn't wish to join. They pass over :)

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand how people who do both would want it all within this same fantastic community. And I think freshwater fans might look over the fence a bit and get drawn to the salty party too.
Just has to be organized well.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change is a good thing, diversity is a better thing. Would be a shame to build friends here only to have to go to another forum to share your experiences and ask for advice. It’s a yes from me!
So they should add a reptile section. Or maybe a rodent section hey some people keep them in tanks. Shame to have to go to another forum.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All we would need to do is make a new Forum board. We dont necessarily have to change the name or anything?
My question is (was) what exactly are we voting on - a small section at the end of the forum - its one topic called freshwater? a duplicate site?, one plus to post 'freshwater builds' etc. Depending on whats proposed - I might vote differently. My issue (though I have a 220 gallon FW tank) - I dont want to see notifications, or those posts in the 'new posts section etc. And if you're going to build an entirely new site - go ahead - and have a link on a sticky or something (and then have all the functionality)

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make a new Forum board. We dont necessarily have to ch
My question is (was) what exactly are we voting on - a small section at the end of the forum - its one topic called freshwater? a duplicate site?, one plus to post 'freshwater builds' etc. Depending on whats proposed - I might vote differently. My issue (though I have a 220 gallon FW tank) - I dont want to see notifications, or those posts in the 'new posts section etc. And if you're going to build an entirely new site - go ahead - and have a link on a sticky or something (and then have all the functionality)

Personally I would be fine with just a new section for freshwater. I dont think its necessary to go as far as making all this new stuff. Just a section under forum that says "Fresh water."

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Personally I would be fine with just a new section for freshwater. I dont think its necessary to go as far as making all this new stuff. Just a section under forum that says "Fresh water."
Right. I am/was fine with that - then I thought - ok - does that mean - those posts are going to be in the trending - or new posts, etc etc. Thats where I think it could get 'messy'

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im all for it as a lot of people keep both, and with facebook and band allowing everyone and there third brother to start a group things get lost very quick.

Forums are great to post on and be able to go back and look and or post on,

I would love to start a forum like this one just for freshwater but dont have the first clue on how to do it.

There are tons of companys that would advertise and having a forum like this one would really bring in traffic.

Everything in both hobbies are going online so why not make it where everyone can be together under one forum?

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then it is a misleading poll. Two pro options and one against. People select the middle option if “I don’t care”.
Wrong. I selected the middle option because I'd like to see it, but I won't die if it doesn't happen. There is no option for "I don't care".

But...you are doing what most people do with polls. You are manipulating the results to suit your agenda.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to see a compelling argument against. Any of these silly issues are easily resolved.
Same can be said for the pro side if you look at it that way. Many R2R members like to talk cars, motorcycles, music, watches, and who knows what else. Are we going to create forums for those interest areas as well? This is a reef/saltwater forum, go to freshwater forums to discuss freshwater aquariums. Seems simple to me.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Top two options will mean you want it feel free to change your answer if you didn’t notice that)

On this statement all I think is how many voted on the 2nd choice & then either chose unwatch or watch but don't get emails before it was changed.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same can be said for the pro side if you look at it that way. Many R2R members like to talk cars, motorcycles, music, watches, and who knows what else. Are we going to create forums for those interest areas as well? This is a reef/saltwater forum, go to freshwater forums to discuss freshwater aquariums. Seems simple to me.
The Slippery Slope argument is a logical fallacy.

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about MK7 GTI group too? I’m involved in two other forums for that. This website is reef2reef, not hobby2hobby. Unless of course revtree wants to build this into something to take over all forums!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back