Adding a Freshwater Forum to R2R?

How would you feel about a freshwater section being added to R2R?

  • (Top two options will mean you want it feel free to change your answer if you didn’t notice that)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    291
....

FB_IMG_1570472015328.jpg
 
So the poll is basically 50 50
 
So the poll is basically 50 50

I don’t think the poll has meaningful results. The questions have changed several times and it started with multiple options “for” and one “against.”

If you want more accurate data from the poll, you’ll probably have to start over with it :)
 
I don’t think the poll has meaningful results. The questions have changed several times and it started with multiple options “for” and one “against.”

If you want more accurate data from the poll, you’ll probably have to start over with it :)
True I’m going to start another poll now just to see
 
Two different worlds. Probably the forum name have to be change. Reef 2 Reef doesn't have anything to do with freshwater. On the other hand It will bring more people from the freshwater keepers to saltwater. IMO, keep it like it is, a saltwater community.

I don't feel like it needs to be a huge forum, just a sub-forum for those of us who do Freshwater also, so we can stay all together as a community.
 
I voted yes because I currently only have freshwater but I am setting up my first salt water tank. I have wanted a saltwater tank my whole life but was too scared, finally dipping my fingers in the salty water.
 
Last edited:
I voted yes because I currently only have freshwater but I am seeing up my first salt water tank. I have wanted a saltwater rank my whole life but was too scared, finally dipping my fingers in the salty water.
Cool
 
I voted yes because I currently only have freshwater but I am seeing up my first salt water tank. I have wanted a saltwater rank my whole life but was too scared, finally dipping my fingers in the salty water.

It's a big jump but I dont regret it. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250, and a 55g long freshwater planted tank. Love them both.
 
It's a big jump but I dont regret it. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250, and a 55g long freshwater planted tank. Love them both.
I just purchased yesterday a used red sea I think 130 (34 gallons) to refurb. We have 4 fresh tanks up up running between my son and I.
 
I like the idea. I’m unusual in that I have no experience with freshwater tanks. I have thought about setting one up that my kids. I think it would be a good way to teach and introduce them into the hobby. I can’t think of a better place than here to ask questions and research for that.
 
True I’m going to start another poll now just to see
The funny thing - on my browser - the questions havent changed (I told you this a couple days ago) - its still the same 3 original questions (maybe thats because I voted.

PS - several people have already told @NotFishyFishGuy that in their opinion (myself included) - the wording does not suggest that the results are 50:50 - its more like 20 percent really want it 30 percent will tolerate it rather than leave the site and 30 percent dont want it (some of whom feel quite strongly about it)
 
@NotFishyFishGuy I can now see the new questions - I have no clue what you were trying to say

I would suggest the following:

1. Define 'what a freshwater section is' I have heard everything from a duplicate of R2R with all the functionality with a way to toggle back and forth - to a section where you can display your freshwater build. And everything in between.

2. Make sure the wording is simple - and equal i.e.

a. I feel the freshwater section as defined would benefit R2R
b. I feel the freshwater section as defined would be detrimental to R2R

or

I think the freshwater section as defined above would benefit R2R:

a. Strongly agree
b. Agree
c. Disagree
d. Strongly disagree.
 
@NotFishyFishGuy I can now see the new questions - I have no clue what you were trying to say

I would suggest the following:

1. Define 'what a freshwater section is' I have heard everything from a duplicate of R2R with all the functionality with a way to toggle back and forth - to a section where you can display your freshwater build. And everything in between.

2. Make sure the wording is simple - and equal i.e.

a. I feel the freshwater section as defined would benefit R2R
b. I feel the freshwater section as defined would be detrimental to R2R

or

I think the freshwater section as defined above would benefit R2R:

a. Strongly agree
b. Agree
c. Disagree
d. Strongly disagree.
Yeah i have a new thread meant for the poll The link is in the original post
 
So the poll is basically 50 50
Not Really, its 50% NO, 18% Yes and the rest are somewhere in between.

This poll isn't exactly clear IMO. I don't care either way, I have had freshwater tanks in the past but I am 100% reef now.
 
1. The link has an extra word in it so it doesnt work - your link in theOP has an 'hey' connected to it
2. the poll says not open for further replies
Oh my bad. For further replies I was thinking of using this thread and that mostly for polls
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new