Adding a second wrasse agression?

TSM Aquatics

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi all currently have an established Tanaka's pygmy wrasse and am looking to add a yellow banded possum wrasse to the same tank for a few days until I can get my 3rd tank up and running. I hear possum wrasses are generally not aggressive has anyone kept multiples in the same tank before?

Tank is a 13.5g fluval and then will be moving him to a 17g rimless once I plumb it into the system.

BRS

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
If it’s only for a few days you might try keeping it in a fish trap/isolation box inside of the tank. No hassle of chasing the fish around the tank when you take it out a few days later.

OP
G

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
If it’s only for a few days you might try keeping it in a fish trap/isolation box inside of the tank. No hassle of chasing the fish around the tank when you take it out a few days later.
If they get along might just keep them together was wondering if anyone has had success in keeping 2 together

Corals.com
OP
G

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Pic of the Tanaka's. Hard to get a decent shot of him

Attachments

• 20210405_143151.jpg
    20210405_143151.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 45

Tcook

View Badges
Reaction score
Love that wrasse. I have a pink streak in my 20 and was thinking about one of those. Put him in an acclimation box for a day or two then let him loose. Would like to hear how they get along. At least you have a solid backup plan if they don't.

OP
G

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Love that wrasse. I have a pink streak in my 20 and was thinking about one of those. Put him in an acclimation box for a day or two then let him loose. Would like to hear how they get along. At least you have a solid backup plan if they don't.
Will probably do something like this

Corals.com

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Possum wrasses can be mixed together if the tank is big enough, but there isn't enough territory for both in a 13.5g. Since your tanaka's displayed aggression it's a good idea to just keep them in separate tanks. They're cool little fish, Enjoy!

TSM Aquatics

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 128 39.1%
  • NO

Votes: 181 55.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 5.5%