Adding Black Tahitian Sand

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black sand is usually from volcanic rock so beware. I had some for awhile until I discovered the uniform 'sad' looking corals was because of elevated aluminum (ty triton). Changed out the black sand and the aluminum problem went away.

OP
OP
Joseph Pagnotta

Joseph Pagnotta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Heads Up. I will be sure to keep a watchful eye. I will be updating as warranted

OP
OP
Joseph Pagnotta

Joseph Pagnotta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. UPDATE Black tahitian moon sand. So I have had this Caribe sea Sand in my 55 gallon reef aquarium. I have had no issues with Proper Ph, or anything that Could hurt my Reef. As Far as the Aesthetics, it looks great. The Black really Makes all Fish and Corals Really POP. I did add it to the top of my existing White Sand Bed which is why I have minimal White creeping up

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG

darmar7812

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. UPDATE Black tahitian moon sand. So I have had this Caribe sea Sand in my 55 gallon reef aquarium. I have had no issues with Proper Ph, or anything that Could hurt my Reef. As Far as the Aesthetics, it looks great. The Black really Makes all Fish and Corals Really POP. I did add it to the top of my existing White Sand Bed which is why I have minimal White creeping up

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG
Wow looks great! How did you pour it into the tank without it spreading everywhere?

OP
OP
Joseph Pagnotta

Joseph Pagnotta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks great! How did you pour it into the tank without it spreading everywhere?

After Rinsing in a 5 gallon bucket. I get a Gallon Milk Container, next cut the bottom of the container (side without the Cap). Cut off maybe 2-3 inches from the Bottom. Once rinsed (like 20 minutes) you will scoop up sand in bucket that's rinsed. Simply put it in the tank submerge as to where you are aiming at, then take the Milk Cap off, it will simply come out of the neck of the container. Limited Kick up. Good luck. I love the Black Sand.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back