Adding Eurobrace Tips

Protodad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey all, anyone have experience adding eurobrace internally to help structurally?

I have a 120p with a leaky seam but it’s the older style with 8mm glass. Since the seam started to separate, I figure a little extra protection going forward is in order. I have the glass and silicone ready to go and was planning to just cut wood supports to hold the glass at the right height and then use a bar clamp to hold it together.

Anyone done this before and have any tips? I’d rather not go on top if I can help it.

BRS

lapin

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the glass and silicone ready to go and was planning to just cut wood supports to hold the glass at the right height and then use a bar clamp to hold it together.
I think you are on the right track. Be sure not to squish out all the silicone with the bar clamp.

OP
Protodad

Protodad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think you are on the right track. Be sure not to squish out all the silicone with the bar clamp.
I should be ok if I go slow. I had the glass cut to about 1/16 (total) smaller than the inside dimension and have the existing silicone in the sides of the tank for reference.

Are you currently running a reactor and media on your reef tank?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 125 38.1%
  • NO but I run media from time to time

Votes: 103 31.4%
  • NO I don't use filter media

Votes: 91 27.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Reef Nutrition