Adding Eurobrace Tips

Protodad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, anyone have experience adding eurobrace internally to help structurally?

I have a 120p with a leaky seam but it’s the older style with 8mm glass. Since the seam started to separate, I figure a little extra protection going forward is in order. I have the glass and silicone ready to go and was planning to just cut wood supports to hold the glass at the right height and then use a bar clamp to hold it together.

Anyone done this before and have any tips? I’d rather not go on top if I can help it.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the glass and silicone ready to go and was planning to just cut wood supports to hold the glass at the right height and then use a bar clamp to hold it together.
I think you are on the right track. Be sure not to squish out all the silicone with the bar clamp.

OP
OP
Protodad

Protodad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are on the right track. Be sure not to squish out all the silicone with the bar clamp.
I should be ok if I go slow. I had the glass cut to about 1/16 (total) smaller than the inside dimension and have the existing silicone in the sides of the tank for reference.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 140 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.3%
Back