Adding fish to my 135

smmarano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 135 gallon with two ocellaris clownfish, there about 1 inch current (I realize this is small) would it be possible to either:
A) get a blue jaw trigger fish that’s a juvenile or would it still be too big and potentially you know?
B) wait till the clowns become full grown and then get a juvenile blue trigger, or would this still not be an okay tank mate?

I’m only asking because I’ve heard for the most part blue jaw triggers are reef safe with caution, and I’ve seen other triggers attack clowns but I’ve heard the blue trigger is rather peaceful. I just want to confirm whether or not they would be okay with an occelaris even if it’s for the future because I’ve only heard people pair them with bigger clowns.

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 135 gallon with two ocellaris clownfish, there about 1 inch current (I realize this is small) would it be possible to either:
A) get a blue jaw trigger fish that’s a juvenile or would it still be too big and potentially you know?
B) wait till the clowns become full grown and then get a juvenile blue trigger, or would this still not be an okay tank mate?

I’m only asking because I’ve heard for the most part blue jaw triggers are reef safe with caution, and I’ve seen other triggers attack clowns but I’ve heard the blue trigger is rather peaceful. I just want to confirm whether or not they would be okay with an occelaris even if it’s for the future because I’ve only heard people pair them with bigger clowns.
I think u should not go for trigger. U can go for tangs such as sailfin tang which is very attractive and u will enjoy it playing with your clowns in a funny manner. Trigger hv a potential to attack your clowns. U can add tangs,angels,etc. Still if u want to keep blue trigger, let your clowns get to their full size.

OP
OP
S

smmarano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think u should not go for trigger. U can go for tangs such as sailfin tang which is very attractive and u will enjoy it playing with your clowns in a funny manner. Trigger hv a potential to attack your clowns. U can add tangs,angels,etc. Still if u want to keep blue trigger, let your clowns get to their full size.
Thank you, I actually have just got a yellow tang, and plan on a blue tang in the upcoming future. I just wanted to make sure that the triggerfish was an option or not, I probably won’t chance it but needed someone to tell me so I don’t go well maybe so thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back