Adding fish

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be abit of a silly question this but I couldn’t find a similar post to my question which is…. When adding a new fish to your tank is it best to add them as a fully grown adult or while still Small and baby? Or does it really not matter.

I see a lot of lfs getting really small fish recently some of the tiniest tangs I’ve seen the other day and wondered if it would even last with the strong currents on reef tanks and larger fish might try pecking on it due to size.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like to add small and baby version of fish so one I can see them grow into the tank and two while they grow they learn to adapt to what is given to them, especially in a new environment such as a tank. With baby fish I think aggression is much better to handle as baby fish will learn to be peaceful with their new inhabitants compared to fully grown adults. Also, baby fish will have a longer life span in your tank compared to the fully grown adult ones by a couple years so you get to have them for longer too and often at a cheaper price.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 63 47.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back