Foxface with injured mouth

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a foxface that looks like it banged its lips up on the glass pretty hard and the skin tore abit. Its nothing serious that i can see. Unfortunately every foxface had abit of their lip skin torn. Im guessing either happened when in the exporter or in the lfs. The fish just arrived yesterday and i got it today. Has anyone have their foxface tear abit of skin at the tips of their mouths? And will it recover without any meds? Great thing is that its only been in the tank 3 hours and it already is swimming up to me when I approach and begs for food. Its already eating pellets and seaweed. So i know the skin around the mouth isnt that serious if its still going after food like mad and only been in the tank a few hours.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a foxface that looks like it banged its lips up on the glass pretty hard and the skin tore abit. Its nothing serious that i can see. Unfortunately every foxface had abit of their lip skin torn. Im guessing either happened when in the exporter or in the lfs. The fish just arrived yesterday and i got it today. Has anyone have their foxface tear abit of skin at the tips of their mouths? And will it recover without any meds? Great thing is that its only been in the tank 3 hours and it already is swimming up to me when I approach and begs for food. Its already eating pellets and seaweed. So i know the skin around the mouth isnt that serious if its still going after food like mad and only been in the tank a few hours.
As long as it is eating well, I wouldn’t worry too much. If you post a picture, we might be able to judge the severity better.

Jay

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it is eating well, I wouldn’t worry too much. If you post a picture, we might be able to judge the severity better.

Jay
I tried to get pics but i cant. Theres a glare from the water surface as the pond is outdoors. Its not in an aquarium its in a stock tank pond. I’ll try again tomorrow. I dont really wanna catch it and put it in a glass tank to take a pic and potentially harm it more or stress it out. If it doesn’t clear up tho i will definitely have to do that and take a clear pic. It has eaten 3 small meals since i got it and is quite an aggressive eater so i hope just some food and clean water will heal it quick

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back