Adding mag, potassium, and iodine to ATO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeoHawk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GeoHawk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
613
Reaction score
11
Location
Trenton, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you cant add two part to ATO, but would I be safe adding mag, potassium, and iodine? It would be placed in a 5 gallon Tupperware that adds ro to my system via a float valve.
 
Anybody ever tried this? If not I guess I could give it a go and see if there are any adverse affects.
 
I would be hesitant to do this, especially with the iodide, just because the topoff can be so variable. There is a large change in mine due to changes in the relative humidity.

CJ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new