efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I hope everyone is doing well.

My fluval 13.5 is 1 month and 2 weeks old. I have two clownfish, 1 bicolor blenny, 1 yellow watchman goby and a cleaner shrimp.

Can I add the pistol shrimp? I feel the goby needs a friend but I am scared of pushing too much bio load.

image.jpg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s very early days and some would say 4 fish is a lot for that tank, they need to grow too.

Keep your nitrates and phosphate lvls in mind, that being said shrimps don’t add as much to the tank as fish so I would go ahead but keep an eye on your lvls.

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pistol shrimp sounds okay as it’s not too much bioload, watch your perams though. Maybe add some biospira/ Dr Tim’s just to add a little boost?

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rock work! I had a bi color blenny he was hilarious unfortunately he swam into my wavemaker smh....as for the pistol shrimp I think you’ll be fine get ready for nonstop sand construction

OP
OP
efrainrodz.94

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s very early days and some would say 4 fish is a lot for that tank, they need to grow too.

Keep your nitrates and phosphate lvls in mind, that being said shrimps don’t add as much to the tank as fish so I would go ahead but keep an eye on your lvls.

Thank you!! I will keep watching my parameters, right now my parameters are stable, that's why they are swimming happily :D

OP
OP
efrainrodz.94

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of interest what are your parameters? Tank is looking good.

hi!! Here is a picture of my parameters. Nitrite is 0, Nitrate is 0 and Ammonia is 0. I been watching my paremeters. I have a good pump (Sicce Syncra) and the intank media in the first two chambers with biomax, filters floss, puri gen and chemi pure blue :)

Thank you!!

407D4C0E-CBBB-4C36-9D7B-27BDC98A9EB8.jpeg

OP
OP
efrainrodz.94

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rock work! I had a bi color blenny he was hilarious unfortunately he swam into my wavemaker smh....as for the pistol shrimp I think you’ll be fine get ready for nonstop sand construction
Aww I am sorry to hear that! They have an unique personality. My Bicolor Blenny (Fiji, his name) goes out of the rocks when I am not in my room lol! They are hilarious

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi!! Here is a picture of my parameters. Nitrite is 0, Nitrate is 0 and Ammonia is 0. I been watching my paremeters. I have a good pump (Sicce Syncra) and the intank media in the first two chambers with biomax, filters floss, puri gen and chemi pure blue :)

Thank you!!

407D4C0E-CBBB-4C36-9D7B-27BDC98A9EB8.jpeg

keep a close eye on them parameters as I would expect nitrates to be more than 0, if 10-20 that would be good in a new tank, also phosphate is important to watch.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back