adding third wheel clownfish

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a pair of orange storm clownfish in a 55 gallons 3ft tank. Is it possible to add one picasso percula clownfish into the mix? My other fishes are melanarus wrasse, royal flasher wrasse, yellow watchman goby, molly miller blenny, lined dartfish, an yellow tang.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a pair of orange storm clownfish in a 55 gallons 3ft tank. Is it possible to add one picasso percula clownfish into the mix? My other fishes are melanarus wrasse, royal flasher wrasse, yellow watchman goby, molly miller blenny, lined dartfish, an yellow tang.
Clowns pair off and are really territorial. They will hunt a smaller unpaired fish and kill it

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about adding two picasso percula? so total of 4 clownfish? will one become male and the paired ones may become female if any one of the percula is bigger than all of them?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand your options are a pair (2) or a harem (15 or 20)

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a clown wrasse instead? ;)

Edit: sorry just saw your tank is only 3'...

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLE"

The next big controversy.... clownfish fighting! Whose betting on how long before Micheal Vick gets in on the action?

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ok I get the point LOL

So if I added let say 10 new clownfish into the tank, the less chance they will kill each other?

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ok I get the point LOL

So if I added let say 10 new clownfish into the tank, the less chance they will kill each other?
BRS did a video on clown harems. Eventually they will mature and you will need real estate with enough anemones to separate aggression. Also there’s evidence pointing that if you go the harem route you might want to consider getting them from the same clutch.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 3 as I took 1 tank down. The odd one out ended up in my overflow for 4-5 months (thought it had died/been killed). Got it out this month and it is now in the 45 gal observation tank. Based on my experience, 3 is bad lol's

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back