Adding Water for the first time

Diazreeflife

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
263
Reaction score
2
Location
Land o Lakes, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is probably reef tank 101 but I have never thought about this. My tank is 125 gallons my sump is 40 how does the process of filling the tank work with the sump am I going to fill the tank then fill the sump separately? Also how far should I full each one?

David
 
Does the tank have built in overflows or an overflow box? Got a pic of your setup? The tank should be filled to the point the water starts going down the overflow if its drilled. Then just let it fill the sump that way till you hit your desired water level in the sump and viola, done.
 
Make sure to leave enough space/volume in your sump to accommodate the amount of water that will flow into your sump when you turn the return pump off.
 
Does the tank have built in overflows or an overflow box? Got a pic of your setup? The tank should be filled to the point the water starts going down the overflow if its drilled. Then just let it fill the sump that way till you hit your desired water level in the sump and viola, done.

I'm still working on the sump but here on some pics.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1387070494.488663.jpg


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1387070519.956204.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new