Lineatus or pink margin or rhomboidalis
c. Isosceles
Cirrhilabrus punctatus or Cirrhilabrus katherinae or Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus
exquisite

H. chrysus

mag foxface
bristletooth tang later

how would this work? to much?

largest issue is the Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura is been in the tank awhile and I'm afraid he is gonna destroy anyone new. I have an acclimation box. I know adding multiple at the same time will diffuse some aggression but I'm doubtful I can find this group of fairy at the same time. If I did find them all at same time my acclimation box isn't gonna hold 4-5 wrasses.

any advice?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is a 200g-- 4' by 3' by 28 ish tall
current stock list
2 clowns
2 gobies
radiant wrasse-large
Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura-large
midas blenny
mandarin goby
2-ignitus anthias
all fish been in tank for atleast a year

looking to add
fairy wrasse:
Lineatus or pink margin or rhomboidalis
c. Isosceles
Cirrhilabrus punctatus or Cirrhilabrus katherinae or Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus
exquisite

H. chrysus

mag foxface
bristletooth tang later

how would this work? to much?

largest issue is the Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura is been in the tank awhile and I'm afraid he is gonna destroy anyone new. I have an acclimation box. I know adding multiple at the same time will diffuse some aggression but I'm doubtful I can find this group of fairy at the same time. If I did find them all at same time my acclimation box isn't gonna hold 4-5 wrasses.

any advice?
You probably won’t get anway with adding more Fairy or Flasher Wrasses due to the Cyanopleura being established first.
Isosceles a likely won’t do well due to aggression - this species needs to go in earlier on before aggressive species such as Cyanopleura and Aurantodorsalis go in. The same goes for the Exquisitus.

A Lineatus and Katherinae may work better with the Cyanopleura due to size. However, the issue is that those are two wrasses that often come in and suffer from shipping as larger males (which is IME, the only way you’ll manage slipping past the Cyanopleura).

The Iridis may not like the new Chrysus as they are from the same genus. A young juvenile H. chrysus may work however my iridis is my most aggressive wrasse so far so you may find yours also won’t like it.

OP
OP
M

Matt groves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issue rehoming the cyna if it’s what has to be done - the radiant is very laid back with everyone so I have and only shows how big he is when the cyna acts like he is gonna come at him

if I rehome the cyna and acclimation box the chrysus how would the rest work ya think

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back