Advice fighting Montipora Eating Nudibranches

madcanary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to see more and more posts about this.
do you guys and gals think fenbenz would kill these as a dip?
I started a research using fenbenz for hydroids and flatworm with much success in QT
sorry for your outbreak!
please pm me if you are willing to ship me these nudis to further my studies. (I will pay for shipping)
Old thread I just dumped about 20 nudis last night. Want them if I get anymore?

mhaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a six line wrasse and a yellow coris and the issue worked itself out in a matter of days/weeks. I did have a second go round with them when (I assume) another batch of eggs hatched but nothing since then. I have about 12 different montis and they seem to prefer the green variety over all else. My colonies are currently re encrusting over the dead skeleton.

The yellow is the worker bee in this pairing! Highly recommended!

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with yellow and six line. Green coris wrasse also great, but gets much larger than the yellow. If the infestation is severe.....lots of adults seen with blue (night) light viewing or flashlight then my suggesting is break-off and pull all montis from tank. Otherwise there may be a chance for natural predation. I've tried both ways, in the end the nudis won and I went without montis of any kind for almost a year. Keep in mind, my montis were attached to rock and simply dipping was not an option.

This is not an easy battle!

rage1199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a few of these guys on my Acro's. I have no Monti's only Acro's. Been dipping for two weeks and they disappear for two or three nights, and then I find more on the same Acro's. Now finding them on new ones. I have a BB tank, so I am currently brushing them off or using a knife to cut them off. I guess I am going to get a Mystery Wrasse. I wonder How I got them if I have no Monti's and I have only received new frags from two places, and I dipped those frags. I know an LFS by my house that had an issue with these guys but the only thing I bought from them was snails that came from the same tanks.

rage1199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nudi.jpg

rage1199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added two Six line wrasses and I have not seen one of these bugs since.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rage, you have the variety that feed on acropora. They look similar but only feed on acros. They most likely came in on an acropora you added. I think most of the acro eating nudis come in on corals from Australia.
I tested Bayer on monti nudis from a friend's tank and it did not work well on the nudis. I would use coral rx if I had to fight any variety of nudis.

Did I read someone say peroxide kills the eggs in this thread? I would like to hear more about this even though I find it hard to believe. And even though I don't think dipping sps in peroxide is a good idea.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great pics.. looking for bayer dosage that will kill these.. mother.s...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back