Advice on Adding Fish to Existing Community

William Morris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32gal Biocube with a Purple Firefish (3" long) and a McCoskers Flasher Wrasse.
Looking for advice on what would be a nice complimentary wrasse and one of two other fish to add to the community.

Tank is 6 months old with a full compliment of corals, crabs and snails.

braappn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32gal Biocube with a Purple Firefish (3" long) and a McCoskers Flasher Wrasse.
Looking for advice on what would be a nice complimentary wrasse and one of two other fish to add to the community.

Tank is 6 months old with a full compliment of corals, crabs and snails.

No idea about compatibility with your mccoskers but I’ve had a possum wrasse in my 29 gallon for six months and he is awesome. Super active and zero aggression and stays small.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainford's Goby? Needs some hair algae or turf algae to graze on. Peaceful; it's possible your firefish would harrass it (although when I had them together, they ignored each other.)

Most wrasses would be too big when fully grown for that tank, and your current flasher wrasse might take exception if you added another in the same genus. And the six-line wrasse, although small, is pretty aggressive.

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possum wrasse are sweet. See them at my lfs, small but they go in and out of rock work all day looking for snacks

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Possum wrasse appeared on Diver's Den yesterday afternoon just after this conversation started. And was promptly purchased 5 minutes later. (Not by me, although I was thinking about it!) :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back