Advice on choose livestock.

bokhesh

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Everyone
Im having trouble deciding what fish to add to my 30 gallon tank 36”w x 11”d. So far I have a pair of clownfish, pistol shrimp and some hermit crabs. I would love to add a yellow watchman goby, a starfish and a midas blenny. However I feel like I need more movement in the tank so I was thinking maybe a hectors goby, and a possum wrasse or a cardinal. I researched and it said that the hectors goby and cardinal could be aggressive towards eachother.
I’m looking at about 6-7 fish or less, if that is too much for the tank size.
I am open to any suggestions but I would really like to keep the 3 fish mentioned first.

Side note: what are some nice corals to add to sandbed.

Tank filtration:
Skimmer, uv sterilizer, innovative marine gadget, media basket, filtor sock.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your ideas and advice.
 
Springer's damsel. It'll move and be pretty charismatic. Completely peaceful and also blue to contrast your yellow/orange heavy lineup. For sand corals I'd look for big fleshy LPS corals. Lobo, scoly, fungia, etc. These corals tend to settle on the bottom in the wild anyways.
 
Just searched up the damsel it looks gorgeous might have to buy it now!! Scollys have been on my list for awhile now this is a sign haha.
Thank you!!!
 
All those fish you mentioned can work. You can have 6-7 fish as long as your filtration can handle it. It looks like it should but add fish slowly just in case.

If you want a fish with a lot of movement I would go for a dwarf angel. Maybe a flameback or Pygmy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new