Aefw or something else?

lafayettereefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2014
Messages
142
Reaction score
51
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early tonight I was looking at my pink caddy and noticed something stringy attached to it. I tried to baste it off with no luck.

Can someone help me Id what is on this coral so I can determine a treatment?

Last picture is he coral a week earlier

20190220_204223.jpg


20190220_203752.jpg


20190220_203748.jpg


20190109_203304.jpg
 
That does not look like AEFW to me. Usually, there are multiple bites - I mean a lot. Only way to know for sure is to dip it, which could help even if it is not AEFW.
 
Are the polyps extending? A picture without the blue actinics will definitely help as mentioned above.
 
Looks like something broke off one of the polyps/coralites. The coral does look stressed in the first 3 pics
 
Unfortunately my tank is on t5s so I can take any whiter pics. Its stressed in the first few pics because I tried to blow whatever it is off of it.
 
Any fish that could have nipped it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new