Af lab components 123

Calireefer92

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
648
Reaction score
189
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used af lab components 123 or the pro? I currently running Red Sea alk,ca,Meg. But came across the af lab components 123 that also use other trace elements. Wanted to see what people input are on it or just stick to Red Sea
 
Has anyone used af lab components 123 or the pro? I currently running Red Sea alk,ca,Meg. But came across the af lab components 123 that also use other trace elements. Wanted to see what people input are on it or just stick to Red Sea
I have and like it
You can use them via doser unit
 
Has anyone used af lab components 123 or the pro? I currently running Red Sea alk,ca,Meg. But came across the af lab components 123 that also use other trace elements. Wanted to see what people input are on it or just stick to Red Sea

There are many ways to design a 2/3 part alkalinity and calcium supplement system with pros and cons of each.

I do not know if AF 123 is the best way to go, as there are many other possible formulations that may have other benefits, but it's likely a fine choice. ESV B-ionic, Tropic Marin Balling, and various DIY recipes are also good choices. Each has pros and cons associated with it.

I personally would not pick the Red Sea supplements as they do not indicate that they are ionically balanced the way a good two part will be.

I also would not pick a two part based on trace elements, since it is a complicated question of why the trace elements are there, which elements, and how much, but overall, I'd rather have control over trace elements rather than just use what some company things is useful for some average aquarium.

I discuss these issues in much more depth in this article:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/how-a...-calcium-system-works-and-why-it-matters.958/
 
There are many ways to design a 2/3 part alkalinity and calcium supplement system with pros and cons of each.

I do not know if AF 123 is the best way to go, as there are many other possible formulations that may have other benefits, but it's likely a fine choice. ESV B-ionic, Tropic Marin Balling, and various DIY recipes are also good choices. Each has pros and cons associated with it.

I personally would not pick the Red Sea supplements as they do not indicate that they are ionically balanced the way a good two part will be.

I also would not pick a two part based on trace elements, since it is a complicated question of why the trace elements are there, which elements, and how much, but overall, I'd rather have control over trace elements rather than just use what some company things is useful for some average aquarium.

I discuss these issues in much more depth in this article:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/how-a...-calcium-system-works-and-why-it-matters.958/
I currently use Red Sea alk,cal,mg
 
What would you recommend to switch to

Depends on your goals. There are many good paths forward. The AF 123 may be fine, as are the other methods I mentioned above. There is no single best method or product brand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new