Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to be clear I should get this?
Tuxedo Urchin?

I was going to order in reef cleaners but they are out of stock. Where should I get one? Don’t want to qt anything right now.

Attachments

• IMG_2767.jpeg
    IMG_2767.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 7

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to be clear I should get this?
Tuxedo Urchin?

I was going to order in reef cleaners but they are out of stock. Where should I get one? Don’t want to qt anything right now.
Thats the exact one I have. I don't think you need to qt them like rest of inverts.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the exact one I have. I don't think you need to qt them like rest of inverts.
Technically, anything wet (including live urchins) can bring in disease - the odds of things other than fish doing so are extremely low, but it does happen from time to time.

Most people don't worry about it because the odds are super low, but if it's a concern, Dr. Reef offers quarantined tuxedo urchins (not as cheap as Reef Cleaners though).

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically, anything wet (including live urchins) can bring in disease - the odds of things other than fish doing so are extremely low, but it does happen from time to time.

Most people don't worry about it because the odds are super low, but if it's a concern, Dr. Reef offers quarantined tuxedo urchins (not as cheap as Reef Cleaners though).
I was also thinking of ordering from TSA. They always have great quality.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This place: https://invertedreef.com/ sells QTed inverts. Dr Reef has apparently gone downhill in terms of fish QT quality (as in, both DOAs and fish arriving sick), so I'd be a bit skeptical about inverts from there as well.
I heard the same thing. I was gonna order a yellow tank from them but I saw so many posts about Dr. Reefs DOAs I couldn’t do it.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr Reef has apparently gone downhill in terms of fish QT quality (as in, both DOAs and fish arriving sick), so I'd be a bit skeptical about inverts from there as well.
Ah, I'd heard of a couple of cases recently, but I hadn't heard if it was a widespread issue or just isolated events. Hopefully they'll get back on track if there's a widespread problem.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Hahahaha, just realized what I did. The THIRD number isnt a 9... see, my age is showing. Hahaha, no I'm not old at all, just trying to remember my teens makes me feel that way. I was fragged in 1985. As the late great Toby Keith said, "Dont let the Old Man In"
Gotcha beat by 3 years! 1982

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081

I am going to order some more snails and an urchin for the GHA. What do you think about a Linckia Starfish? They look really cool.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@vetteguy53081

I am going to order some more snails and an urchin for the GHA. What do you think about a Linckia Starfish? They look really cool.
No linkia. They are expert recommended and challenge the most experienced hobbyist

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No linkia. They are expert and challenge the most experienced hobbyist
Ok. I am glad I asked you that.

And what is the difference between the blue and red tuxedo urchin. The blue is 33 and red is 40

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I am glad I asked you that.

And what is the difference between the blue and red tuxedo urchin. The blue is 33 and red is 40
I believe it’s mainly this;
Blue is the left, Red is the right.
IMG_8894.jpeg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meant pin cushion which was changed.

1707355226748.png
1707355277740.png
My tuxedo is carrying around a huge chunk of Zoas... Been that way for a couple weeks now. Zoas don't seem to mind and are fully opened. Curious to see how long this plays out and it the Zoas will grow out. It may be the next big thing... wandering Zoa islands...

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tuxedo is carrying around a huge chunk of Zoas... Been that way for a couple weeks now. Zoas don't seem to mind and are fully opened. Curious to see how long this plays out and it the Zoas will grow out. It may be the next big thing... wandering Zoa islands...
Can you take them off?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back