Age requirement on R2R?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A minimum of 125 isn't old?

You realize that makes your birth year 1899 or before….don’t know too many 125+ year olds on the interwebs these days!
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Hahahaha, just realized what I did. The THIRD number isnt a 9... see, my age is showing. Hahaha, no I'm not old at all, just trying to remember my teens makes me feel that way. I was fragged in 1985. As the late great Toby Keith said, "Dont let the Old Man In"

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Hahahaha, just realized what I did. The THIRD number isnt a 9... see, my age is showing. Hahaha, no I'm not old at all, just trying to remember my teens makes me feel that way. I was fragged in 1985. As the late great Toby Keith said, "Dont let the Old Man In"
lol. My dad is the same age as you!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For hair algae, the best you can get is a tuxedo or pincushion urchin.
And they are reef safe? Won’t bother anything. Once they have cleaned up all the hair algae should I re-home it?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And they are reef safe? Won’t bother anything. Once they have cleaned up all the hair algae should I re-home it?
They are reef safe, they wont eat any corals. They WILL, however, pick up anything not bolted down and use it as a hat. They use any and everything they can as camouflage, small rocks, unglued coral frags, snails, hermits, large pieces of algae... literally anything not nailed down is a hat.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not like they’re trying to sell you cigarettes and booze
But we do play with rather dangerous chemicals not taken seriously and with caution could be worse than booze and cigarettes, however :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Last edited:

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are reef safe, they wont eat any corals. They WILL, however, pick up anything not bolted down and use it as a hat. They use any and everything they can as camouflage, small rocks, unglued coral frags, snails, hermits, large pieces of algae... literally anything not nailed down is a hat.
Really wow!
I have lots of zoas in the sand bed that are not glued down. If they pick it up could they damage the coral? Don’t they have spikes?

IMG_2624.jpeg IMG_2622.jpeg IMG_2623.jpeg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry. My dad was born in 61 lol.
Wish I could drive the car that he drove at the time. Yet back in his days they were scrappy cars lol.
Dad was born in 60, Mom in 62. Dad had a Plymouth Belvedere with the 318. He told me he wished it was the GTX with the 440 every day.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really wow!
I have lots of zoas in the sand bed that are not glued down. If they pick it up could they damage the coral? Don’t they have spikes?

IMG_2624.jpeg IMG_2622.jpeg IMG_2623.jpeg
The most "damage" done would be dropped behind the rocks. They dont eat them, but will carry stuff around. The larger pieces would be fine. A small urchin probably couldn't pick up an entire frag plug but a larger one could.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dad was born in 60, Mom in 62. Dad had a Plymouth Belvedere with the 318. He told me he wished it was the GTX with the 440 every day.
Nice.
I think my dad's first car was a old welding truck. I think 66 Ford?
Second was a 72 chevelle he bought for 600$.

So jealous.
Me and him are looking for a truck to "restore" for me to drive when I turn 16.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just commenting on the urchins here - pincushion/tuxedo would probably be a better choice than pencil urchin; the most common pencil urchin species I've seen in the hobby (Eucidaris tribuloides) is known to eat corals (and sometimes inverts):
While true, a pincushion best for coralline and algae will drag everything around the tank and these are youngsters and they dont need to be arranging the tank after the tuxedo messes up the tank.

Last edited:

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While true, a tuxedo best for coralline and algae will drag everything around the tank and these are youngsters and they dont need to be arranging the tank after the tuxedo messes up the tank.
I alrety rearranged it because I didn't like it.
Since when are tuxes so destructive?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back