Aggression towards new coral beauty

Exus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added four new fish into my 150g yesterday, a coral beauty, flame angel, spotted firehawk, and a yellow tang. The other 3 are doing well, but the coral beauty got majorly bullied by the two 3 stripe damselfish and my powder blue tang that were already in the tank. Half its tail fins are gone and other fins damaged.

I currently have the coral beauty in an acclimation box floating in the 150g and treated it with some Seachem Stress Guard.

I want to try introducing the coral beauty again before rehoming. How long in the acclimation box should the coral beauty stay for the fish to be less aggressive towards it. Any other suggestions? I had initially introduced 4 fish to spread out the aggression, but only the coral beauty got picked on.

IMG_20220122_203758__01.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added four new fish into my 150g yesterday, a coral beauty, flame angel, spotted firehawk, and a yellow tang. The other 3 are doing well, but the coral beauty got majorly bullied by the two 3 stripe damselfish and my powder blue tang that were already in the tank. Half its tail fins are gone and other fins damaged.

I currently have the coral beauty in an acclimation box floating in the 150g and treated it with some Seachem Stress Guard.

I want to try introducing the coral beauty again before rehoming. How long in the acclimation box should the coral beauty stay for the fish to be less aggressive towards it. Any other suggestions? I had initially introduced 4 fish to spread out the aggression, but only the coral beauty got picked on.

IMG_20220122_203758__01.jpg
I’d recommend rejoining the tang and damsel, if they’re already that aggressive then I don’t think much will help the CB. Maybe the mirror trick along with a couple days in the acclimation box to help them adjust to eachother but I don’t think much will save you from having to re home Atleast one of the 3.

But that’s just my 2 cents as to what you could do.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe keep in aclimination box until the other fish stop being aggressive towards the coral beauty inside the box then try again.just make sure to get some flow towards that box or position box where will get some.
Then if other fish stop being aggressive towards coral beauty box then try again but if its fins are in to bad a shape then maybe put back in qt tank and get it eating and try let the coral beauty repair its fins which can happen but just takes some time,if put In qt tank just try make less stressful and put a rock or 2 in so can go sleep in a cave or fake plants just anything so can hide and sleep and feel safe ,
Me personally I'm not so keen on idea of plastic pvc pipes and empty qt tank but alot qt this way successfully

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see that CB is sore and tired, offer a shelter in the acclimatization box maybe a PVC elbow or something for him to hide in, always say no to stress in the tank, and this fish seems very stressed, so just take a good look at it so keep it in the acclimatization box and feed it very well, if it eats then it will quickly recover from the blows it suffered, it's also important to mention that three band damsels are quite aggressive when they adapt and it's very complicated to stop bothering the other fish when they have already started to do so.
Several days ago my CB (I also have one) developed a wound just above his eyes before the beginning of the dorsal fin, it was practically a piece of scales that was missing, I assumed that it hit a piece of rock and was literally missing a little piece of carcass, i just fed it some more, i feed shellfish mush, mysis, brine and a little bit of flakes, the fish recovered in less than a week and what was a pretty nasty wound was covered up almost immediately , it's likely that your CB can recover just as quickly if he starts taking the food you offer him.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights out will help. Sorry hope u can get ur fish to all get along.
Normally id suggest adding more.of the same fish but eh. Lol. Maybe move some.rock around of possible too. Change their environment. Trick them its a whole new tank or area.
Hths u
D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back