Aggressive clowns

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to stop them from being so aggressive? They terrorize my yasha and blue spotted jawfish even though the jawfish is way bigger. I'm thinking of trading them in for smaller clowns maybe 1" or so.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes they are just little a -holes. What type of clownfish are we talking about though, and the size of the tank?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they have an area where they mostly chill (like near an anemone) and are chasing the fish away, or are you saying they are chasing these fish around the tank? how long have all the fish been together? usually ocellaris clowns arent too bad if no one is encroaching their space

OP
OP
T

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they have an area where they mostly chill (like near an anemone) and are chasing the fish away, or are you saying they are chasing these fish around the tank? how long have all the fish been together? usually ocellaris clowns arent too bad if no one is encroaching their space
No anemone. Blue spot and yasha hardly ever leave their burrows but when they do just to eat which is very close to burrow as I try to spot feed them because of the clowns. The clowns will chase them back to their holes. They've been together for 1.5 months. Bought together but they never leave each others side for very long. I'm thinking of treading them in for much smaller ones. Perhaps that might be better. I have and offer from someone to trade. Although my fish are worth more because of size and type I can't bear to have them continue to bug my other fish. Do you think smaller clowns like 1" or less would work better??

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had an issue and taped a mirror to my tank. It at least made the clowns focus on the reflection and gave the other fish some reprieve. I took the mirror off yesterday and the clowns haven't been aggressive again...yet.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back