AI 26s

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the AI Hydra 26s for my 120 (4ft) tank as I like the features and cost. I came across a person who is selling a pair of lights to upgrade to the reefled 90s for his tank and selling them at 350 for the pair plus mounting brackets (which is a great deal). I am going to take a look at the lights on Monday and if everything looks good I'm probably going to buy them. He's been using them for about 6 months.

I do have a few questions....

1. Is there anything I should really look for when looking at the used lights, other than making sure all the leds are lighting?

2. Any suggestions on which program to run/lighting schedule?

3. Im upgrading from a Fluval LED strip to them, most of my corals are still on frag plugs, anything i should to make sure i don't cook my corals?

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the AI Hydra 26s for my 120 (4ft) tank as I like the features and cost. I came across a person who is selling a pair of lights to upgrade to the reefled 90s for his tank and selling them at 350 for the pair plus mounting brackets (which is a great deal). I am going to take a look at the lights on Monday and if everything looks good I'm probably going to buy them. He's been using them for about 6 months.

1. Is there anything I should really look for when looking at the used lights, other than making sure all the leds are lighting?

3. Im upgrading from a Fluval LED strip to them, most of my corals are still on frag plugs, anything i should to make sure i don't cook my corals?
Have him turn all the channels up to 100% and wait and see if the fans kick on when they get hot that would be the only other thing I can think of.
I personally like the AB+ equivalent program on the ai's , your Fluval strip is pretty low power so be careful on how high you set the intensity I would probably start at around 30% and work my way up assuming you mount the lights around 8 to 12 in above the tank.

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have him turn all the channels up to 100% and wait and see if the fans kick on when they get hot that would be the only other thing I can think of.
I personally like the AB+ equivalent program on the ai's , your Fluval strip is pretty low power so be careful on how high you set the intensity I would probably start at around 30% and work my way up assuming you mount the lights around 8 to 12 in above the tank.

Thank you, I was thinking about running the AB+ equivalent as I know BRS did a video on it and came pretty close. I'll make sure I have him turn up the lights to 100 and see if the fans kick on

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are the older AI hydras with the director make sure you're able to adjust them both with it, if it's the HD fixtures they should be controllable by app verifying that the wifi modules are still good on them.

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are the older AI hydras with the director make sure you're able to adjust them both with it, if it's the HD fixtures they should be controllable by app verifying that the wifi modules are still good on them.

He said they are the HD as they came with his red Sea when he brought it at the beginning of the year, but will verify that the wifi works and the app controls them properly. Thank you

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are wonderful lights. I think you are all set to identify any potential issues, the burned out color channels I think are the easiest to miss if you're not looking for it. I'm running the AB+ emulated program on them for my 120, I have a mixed setup with a 26 and 52 though. The 26 seems to be plenty for the SPS though.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Their are some good example lighting programs on the AI website and you can find others on the Web. I really like mine, btw

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them too, BTW the fans run all the time on them. The AB+ program cut down by 60% would be a good place to start. WWC suggests, (which I've implemented), to run just blues for at least an hour before and after your main schedule.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back