AI Hydra 26 AB+ (emulator) settings

Circa916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using these settings on AI hydra 26hd's that are supposed to emulate the radion AB+ light schedule? ive seen a number of different .aip files that claim to be this but they are all different. Just curious if anyone has the original file and wants to share and/or has pictures of the growth and color they are getting from them. TIA

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran my Hydras at what BRS video said produced about the same spectrum as the raidons. UV-119% Violet-116% Royal Blue-79% Blue-80% Green-4% Deep Red-4% Cool White-19%. My few corals grew fine with it, but I don't have any SPS/high light demand corals.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI website has the signature series profiles available for downloading. Had to download them to my laptop, then email the file to myself , next open email on the device with the AI app, when opening the attachment had to select to share/open file with with myAI. HTH

I have most all of the popular profiles saved in AI already so I should be able to send them to you or anyone else if you like.

I personally have had great success with the AB+ 24”AWL on my tank. Tank is a 92 corner (quarter circle) that’s 24” deep, 2-26HD, with 1-1 1/2” sand depth, lights are 15” AWL. Mostly Rics, JB, and Bounces on sand bed, zoas and LPS midway, top mostly leathers and few Montis lost some of my other SPS in recent past but they were thriving in the top 20% of tank. Actually thought it was the lighting but my ALK got way to high.

sticksreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @ADAM wondering which AB+ you using? BRS AB+ FULL POWER / SPS AB+ FULL POWER / SPS AB+ WITH RESPIRATION??

Also do you if any of the schedules run for 12 hours?

Would like to see the tank when i leave for work and when i am back.

GuntertCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that and it seem to mess things up, maybe I am doing it wrong. My poor fish and corals they are confused cause I cant find the right setting... lol I have a little of everything and I like seeing the blue at night so the colors pop and can enjoy them

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a AI 26HD on my jbj 45.. it is a new tank setup and looking for some light setup settings.

I guess I want to know what is the difference between BRS settings and AI signature settings? It looks like AI signature settings has lower UV, violet, and royal blue.

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick question. My lights are 13 inches above a Red Sea 130D tank. It is 20" deep. I have the Hydra 26HD light that i want to run the AB+ settings. But i also have the 24" AquaticLife T5/LED hybrid light. So what do i do now that i will be adding the 4 T5 bulbs? Do i just ramp down the percentages on the Hydra evenly to compensate for the PAR from the T5's?

SDboatguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick question. My lights are 13 inches above a Red Sea 130D tank. It is 20" deep. I have the Hydra 26HD light that i want to run the AB+ settings. But i also have the 24" AquaticLife T5/LED hybrid light. So what do i do now that i will be adding the 4 T5 bulbs? Do i just ramp down the percentages on the Hydra evenly to compensate for the PAR from the T5's?
Question back - what are running the hydras at now? If you have established the AB+ on the hydra and the tank is already acclimated, I’d slowly incorporate the T5s . Start with 2 bulbs for an hour , wait a few days to a week, then add an hour. Get the first set of T5s to where you want them the repeat the process for the second set. Which bulbs are you planning to use?

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Radion AB+ profile is based on this article

https://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ReefWholesale_CoralLab.pdf

read the article if you have not yet seen this before.

I have set this up on Hydra, and if I look at the color temp view, it's simply 17500K color temp.
So to keep things really simple, I just set my hydra to 17500K temp.

like this
7d287d47b184b3ce863b04dd46c23bf8.jpg

Bretttownend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Radion AB+ profile is based on this article

https://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ReefWholesale_CoralLab.pdf

read the article if you have not yet seen this before.

I have set this up on Hydra, and if I look at the color temp view, it's simply 17500K color temp.
So to keep things really simple, I just set my hydra to 17500K temp.

like this
7d287d47b184b3ce863b04dd46c23bf8.jpg
Any advice on how to set my light up? I’m having a nightmare of a time finding a good set up for a LPS and I really don’t want to lose a expensive trachyphyllia and Scolymia I’ve just bought! Please help!!! I’ve got a hydra 26 over a 18” deep tank it’s suspended 9” above the surface

pfly12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice on how to set my light up? I’m having a nightmare of a time finding a good set up for a LPS and I really don’t want to lose a expensive trachyphyllia and Scolymia I’ve just bought! Please help!!! I’ve got a hydra 26 over a 18” deep tank it’s suspended 9” above the surface
Ever find anything out? I have a similar setup.

Ballistik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever end up getting an answer? I have the same setup and I am going through the exact same thing as you did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a AI 26HD on my jbj 45.. it is a new tank setup and looking for some light setup settings.

I guess I want to know what is the difference between BRS settings and AI signature settings? It looks like AI signature settings has lower UV, violet, and royal blue.

Tuan Phan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same like yours. Did you get any success with the setting? I am looking for the info to setup mine too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back