Ai Hydra 32 for 50g

kxnji

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2023
Messages
19
Reaction score
3
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I recently upgraded to a Waterbox 50.3 and was wondering if an Ai Hydra 32 would be a sufficient Light source? I’m planning on having a mixed aquarium with lots of sps, lps and soft corals. Will the Ai Hydra 32 have enough coverage for the corals to thrive? or should I go for two smaller lights (Ai Prime 16)?
Thanks!
 
I'm overkill and would go for two 32HDs, if you are planning on any Acros in the future. FWIW, I have four 32HD's and four T5's over my 100g (48").
 
Agree, 1 hydra32 wont have enough spread, youd be better off getting 2 primes than 1 hydra32. 3 primes or 2 hydra32s is ideal
 
3 feet is tough to light with a single LED fixture, unless it's a big panel like a Reefbreeders Photon.
 
I have a JBJ 65g AiO, which is roughly the same dimensions as your Waterbox. I have three Hydra 26HDs. Three Primes would probably do it for most people (two for a softie/LPS tank), but I have some high end SPS going in this tank, so I figured more is better. I can always turn them down, but more lights means less shadowing.
 
Agree, 1 hydra32 wont have enough spread, youd be better off getting 2 primes than 1 hydra32. 3 primes or 2 hydra32s is ideal
You think two XR15’s would be the same as two Hydra’s?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new