AI Hydra 32HD

  • Thread starter Thread starter eqbal9947
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eqbal9947

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
356
Location
Fort Mcmurray
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.
I recently bought a rainbow lobo that looked really vibrant in the picture. It looks good under my lighting but not nearly as good.
it looks less vibrant and more of a dull pastel color.
I was wondering what setting you guys use for colorations.

Thanks!
 
Look into yellow sunglasses and a yellow lens it brings out the true colors of corals and fish! Alternatively if you turn the UV setting all the way up it will show the true colors! Here’s a link to some: https://a.co/d/6L4lNCN
 
I look at coral photos from many vendors here and websites and just shake my head. I used to dabble in photography and photoshop and too many images I see are obviously "tweaked" for lack of a better word. I always look at the colors of the frag plug, eggcrate, and nearby algae to see just how accurate the photo is. If that stuff is not the color it should be the corals color is not accurate either.
 
Hey everyone.
I recently bought a rainbow lobo that looked really vibrant in the picture. It looks good under my lighting but not nearly as good.
it looks less vibrant and more of a dull pastel color.
I was wondering what setting you guys use for colorations.

Thanks!
My understanding is that many if not most pics on the web have been enhanced, so what you see is not necessarily what you get. And, of course, the growers' lights may be significantly different than yours. The AI site has several programs developed by "experts" and they are easy to download - you might try a couple to see if they give you the colors you want. Personally, I use the Saxby profile with a few minor adjustments.

Good luck.
 
My understanding is that many if not most pics on the web have been enhanced, so what you see is not necessarily what you get. And, of course, the growers' lights may be significantly different than yours. The AI site has several programs developed by "experts" and they are easy to download - you might try a couple to see if they give you the colors you want. Personally, I use the Saxby profile with a few minor adjustments.

Good luck.
I only see like 6 people and they’re tanks are very different from mine. I also can’t figure out how to download it via IOS
 
My understanding is that many if not most pics on the web have been enhanced, so what you see is not necessarily what you get. And, of course, the growers' lights may be significantly different than yours. The AI site has several programs developed by "experts" and they are easy to download - you might try a couple to see if they give you the colors you want. Personally, I use the Saxby profile with a few minor adjustments.

Good luck.
Same here; Saxby profile with personal tweaks.

Note that it can take time (6-12 months) before you see the coral adapt to your lighting and begin to show color. One thing to remember is to "set it and forget it" regarding your lighting. If you continually tweak, corals will not have a chance to adapt. Once you are satisfied, leave it alone for a year. One caveat, you will probably have to replace the lens in your Hydra32 HD from burn through after a year or so.
 
Same here; Saxby profile with personal tweaks.

Note that it can take time (6-12 months) before you see the coral adapt to your lighting and begin to show color. One thing to remember is to "set it and forget it" regarding your lighting. If you continually tweak, corals will not have a chance to adapt. Once you are satisfied, leave it alone for a year. One caveat, you will probably have to replace the lens in your Hydra32 HD from burn through after a year or so.
Yep, tweaking will only prolong adaptation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new