AI Nero 3

Salted Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw on you tube that Aqua Illumination has released the fact that they are going to produce the Nero 3. It is near the end of the video and it is from Australia I think. Hopefully we will get release information here soon. It is a smaller Nero 5 and looks like a great fit for Nano tanks.It is from first time reefer. Just wanted to put it out there for others to watch and get an idea of the Nero 3.

So “pumped” on this powerhead! The Salted Tank is getting an upgrade soon. :D

maxinf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted. What would be the main differences between de Nano 3 and the MP10QD?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a side by side of the N3 and N5
Screenshot_20200924-161255_Gallery.jpg

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference is chord in tank vs chord outside tank. So Nero all the heat And motor goes into the tank where the mp10 it’s mostly outside. Nero is a standard dc powerhead with an app really.

View Badges
Anybody the know what the minimum GPH
I don’t want a hurricane in my Evo 13

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just pre ordered for my Fluval 15gal. I also have a Nero 5 arriving today for it that I ordered the day before these were released but I will use the 5 in my bigger build in a month or so

Katie M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know someone who has the 5 in her Evo and it works great. I don't know her settings off the top of my head, but could potentially find them. I'm really excited to see the 3's in person and am seriously contemplating one depending on how the guards are because it would be for my seahorse tank. If anyone has any insights, that would be great as well!

Midnightt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Nero 3 big enough for a 32g Biocube? Was originally thinking of the 5 vs the MP10. But, at half the cost the 3 if it works would be an instant purchase.

mirageknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Nero 3 big enough for a 32g Biocube? Was originally thinking of the 5 vs the MP10. But, at half the cost the 3 if it works would be an instant purchase.

I just bought 2. I have a 29g 'cube that came with a 900 gph powerhead, and that's quite a bit... but it's kinda huge for the 'cube, and I still have a dead spot towards back, opposite. Nero 3 is 2000 gph, but can be turned down, randomizes patterns, feeding mode, can sync multiple pumps via bluetooth, etc. - and has a significantly smaller footprint. I've read several ecstatic reviews and am very excited.

liveaquaria has 'em in stock as of posting.

svreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2. I have a 29g 'cube that came with a 900 gph powerhead, and that's quite a bit... but it's kinda huge for the 'cube, and I still have a dead spot towards back, opposite. Nero 3 is 2000 gph, but can be turned down, randomizes patterns, feeding mode, can sync multiple pumps via bluetooth, etc. - and has a significantly smaller footprint. I've read several ecstatic reviews and am very excited.

liveaquaria has 'em in stock as of posting.
Are you able to run two Nero 3s in anti sync?

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running a Nero 3 in an evo 13.5, random flow min 35% max 60%. Says I average 1300ish gph. Easy to adjust and make schedules. Wouldn’t use one without the guard, nice that you can position it at a bit of an angle and keep the low profile. Would definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back