AI Nero 3

GlassCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw on you tube that Aqua Illumination has released the fact that they are going to produce the Nero 3. It is near the end of the video and it is from Australia I think. Hopefully we will get release information here soon. It is a smaller Nero 5 and looks like a great fit for Nano tanks.It is from first time reefer. Just wanted to put it out there for others to watch and get an idea of the Nero 3.

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be great if they made it for thicker glass for the hard to place areas of the aquarium where you need flow but not as much or as big as say the neros or the mp40s. same as the mp10s but the magnets are not strong enough for say the 5/8th glass on the red seas larger series of tanks.

dmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this for my nano tank. Would be great if AI had or someone had a sign up for release notification.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A can to an extent, I think they're the missing piece for those with nano and pico tanks.

The big complaint was that the N5 and/or MP10 was too powerful even at the lowest speeds for smaller tanks. To compare Vortechs and Neros is the same as comparing apples and oranges, but the N3 provides a softer flow than the MP10.

The one I got had the removable back with smaller openings to prevent unhealthy fish to get drawn into its suction.

I don't know when they plan to release them, I'm betting that if covid didn't bring everyone to a halt we'd see them on the market already.

michaelmessinaglass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they can get it to market before I set up my 20g cube! This looks like it would be the perfect pump for a nano. Fingers crossed that its in the $150 price range. Id like to see this vs a aqamai kps when it comes out too

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an email from AI saying no release date. Not sure what that means.
It means that they aren't going to commit to a date. I'm sure it being added to the app means that they're close. either that or because mobius dropped their beta app, N3s couldn't be controlled anymore and they just migrated the software to the AI app for the time being to allow beta tester to keep testing it.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
according to Marine Depot, they will start shipping next Monday.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back