Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your intensity way to bright so your cooking your coral

I did it when I switched to leds.

now I run my blues at 10% and my whites at 1% and coraL IS GROWING LIKE WEEDS AGAIN

start low you can always raise it, corals only need or can use 5 to 6 hours peak lighting. after that your wasting electricity. I have my B on for 8 hours and my W for 6

start there
Honestly man I lowered my lights to the sheet I posted and used the 40% my lights don't seem as temperature hot anymore at all. I believe you are right when you say I was cooking them. This is what I have now below.. would you recommend changing anything specific? I really appreciate your feed back.
1633497457693.png
1633497462921.png

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lowered my lights to the sheet
You want 8 to 10 " above water
I tried that, it was too much. No growth at all, and slow decline.

You have nothing to loose, try 20% on blues and run whites way the hell down and give it a few weeks. In nature its common to have cloudy days for weeks, corals can handle less light, they cannot handle to much. Thats all provided you water parameters are fine. Im assuming you have that under control

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want 8 to 10 " above water

I tried that, it was too much. No growth at all, and slow decline.

You have nothing to loose, try 20% on blues and run whites way the hell down and give it a few weeks. In nature its common to have cloudy days for weeks, corals can handle less light, they cannot handle to much. Thats all provided you water parameters are fine. Im assuming you have that under control
From water surface to the bottom of the light right? I think mine at 12' right now based off a BRS video they tested

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what a lot of people are not understanding is that you have a 75G tank with 2 ai primes. I highly doubt you are cooking your corals.

Do you have a full tank shot?

Also test/post your parameters yourself salt mixes aren’t always correct.

I personally run BRS settings at 90% (Sps side) and 75% (lps side) on a Nuvo 20 (only 13” deep) and don’t have bleaching issues with sps.

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what a lot of people are not understanding is that you have a 75G tank with 2 ai primes. I highly doubt you are cooking your corals.

I personally run BRS settings at 90% (Sps side) and 75% (lps side) on a Nuvo 20 (only 13” deep) and don’t have bleaching issues with sps.
I'm running 2 on a rsr200 [42gal] and am thinking to get a 3rd. So you're right. 2 shouldn't be bleaching anything there

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah the settings I’m running is on 20 gallon cube 18” deep blues violets UV at 100% and white at 40% no bleaching fully extended and it also has to do with your aquascape and such

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2 on a rsr200 [42gal] and am thinking to get a 3rd. So you're right. 2 shouldn't be bleaching anything there

Man honestly, I just quick scaped my tank the other day b/c I had to move it from my front room to my office room, I'm hoping to redo my scape today. but before I had just a back wall of rock kinda i noticed my some of my SPS would turn white after a few days when they were in the mid level of the tank, I noticed they did better at the bottom of the rock level or sand bed.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man honestly, I just quick scaped my tank the other day b/c I had to move it from my front room to my office room, I'm hoping to redo my scape today. but before I had just a back wall of rock kinda i noticed my some of my SPS would turn white after a few days when they were in the mid level of the tank, I noticed they did better at the bottom of the rock level or sand bed.
Your best bet rent a par meter and find results find a spectrum that you like and adjust the intensity of the lights to suit your need for your tank. Because your gonna get 100 different settings for all different types of tank

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed. Your sps aren’t bleached because of too much light. There are other factors at play here.

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet rent a par meter and find results find a spectrum that you like and adjust the intensity of the lights to suit your need for your tank. Because your gonna get 100 different settings for all different types of tank
I don't even think my LFS has a par meter they'll rent, the owner won't even tell me their light AI settings lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back