AI Prime 16HD Initial Impressions

Mr.Guns

Resident Bullet Flinger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo 20g rimless and the HMS mount- How many of the 16HD's would be needed to prevent shadowing? I'm planning a pretty basic lagoon aquascape, and can't decide if I should go with the 16HD or 32HD.

Tank is 24x15x13 (Length, width, depth)

mossmoss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the flex arms, I’m okay with them. What I would appreciate is more info on using the (new) app. The info on the AI site only refers to the Wi-Fi app. I get how to use some else’s preset but have no idea where to begin to create my own/ or how to adjust. Some buttons do absolutely nothing when you touch them ie: schedule or feed..
Anyone know where there is any info/ directions on usage?

I am completely stumped on how to use the app, every time i try to set up a schedule the lights just turn off after a couple minutes. im very lost!

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much experimenting and watching videos online, mostly BRS.
Start here. Go to Easy Set Up and select a ramp time (auto is 1 hour), I chose a 2 hour ramp up & down. Then set your colors at the strength you want ( google or watch videos for suggestions. Then I would use the acclimation so your corals can get used to the lights. (acclimation is under the little moon & stars at the top of the app.)
Or you can go to the AI website and download one of the presets they have there. And start there but use the Acclimation anyway.Hope that helps some. I’ll try to answer any questions but I only know what I know lol

mossmoss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set the schedule but the lights turn off after a couple minutes. I went to the website but I cant access anything because it said my units serial number doesnt exist. Maybe I have a faulty unit? I've tried unplugging and restarting as per instructions from the 'report a bug' help desk. I have put in a few more help requests. Hopefully get it figured out soon cause I might lose my mind hahaha.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are You connecting with Bluetooth?
Does your app see the lights?
on the app go to settings>devices>and it will tell you if the lights needed to be updated.. Maybe they are going off because they are updating. I think mine did that when I first got them.

mossmoss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are You connecting with Bluetooth?
Does your app see the lights?
on the app go to settings>devices>and it will tell you if the lights needed to be updated.. Maybe they are going off because they are updating. I think mine did that when I first got them.

It did update when I first downloaded it. The app connected to the light and I named the tank.. It will control the lights but wont hold onto a schedule .. and I often get a 'BLE not connected' message when I first open the app. Technology o_O

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully someone from AI will get back to you & help. Please post here if they do & let us know what they have you do.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ai is now pushing me off with my ****** primes 16s I got . I have had nothing but problems with lights not matching each other . I think at this point I’m just screwed

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kfactor what is going on?
These he lights both set to 8% blue they don’t match at all on ramp up and down it’s really noticeable

C9F5502B-2CC4-40C6-AF2A-96DD512475B9.jpeg

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that you have done anything wrong, Can you take the cover off & see if one is dirty or being obstructed. They do look like 2 different color blue to me too.

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did update when I first downloaded it. The app connected to the light and I named the tank.. It will control the lights but wont hold onto a schedule .. and I often get a 'BLE not connected' message when I first open the app. Technology o_O

BLE not connected means your bluetooth and location need yo be turned on. That stumped me for a while.

mossmoss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BLE not connected means your bluetooth and location need yo be turned on. That stumped me for a while.

they are both on . i read that having other wifi device in the area can interfere with the connection.. my aquarium is pretty close to my chromecast

i was able to figure out the lights turning off though, at some point i guess i turned the lunar phase option on which has to be off to run a schedule ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you figured that out!??? My lunar has always been turned I think. At least I turned it on after I made my schedule.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back