AI Prime acclimation & schedule

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a new tank what is the recommended acclimation time and %?

Also, I currently use this setting (https://www.aquaillumination.com/signature_series/336) but thought do most people keep their lights that long?

Looking through most of the signature series.. the lights are running 12-14 hrs??

411CABA1-8D7A-447A-B363-57DA4C994DA7.png

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prefacing this post with saying I am no lighting expert but due to lack of replies in my thread I will share what I do. If its wrong please let me know...

Depends on prior lighting spectrum and par honestly. I use BRS AB+ because they have some published info on PAR measurements. I previously used Saxby which I honestly preferred and got better coloration.

Honestly it depends on prior lighting but if I am adding a 4-5 frags I do 50% for a week. If its a single frag I just do it old school and start it at the bottom and raise it every few days. When I changed spectrums completely I used a halfway point and did 70% for 2 weeks, rested for 2 weeks and repeated. I have no clue if this was correct but I got little in the way of replies. Just watch your tank closely for signs of too much light, do your best to get par measurements of before and after the changes and be ready to make adjustments.

OP
OP
LeftFootedJedi

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is acclimation strictly a coral matter? Meaning if I don’t have any yet, no need?

I lost all my coral in my 20G last week & thought I’d give the DeathStar a few months to become fully ‘operational’.

I cycled lights out & just turned them on this weekend after moving the CUC that survived.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep your lights off until you add coral. Ambient light is enough for fish and inverts. If you have a good coralline buildup you can you can just do 80% for a week or just set and forget. Some spectrums settings are designed for lower par and more distribution so do some research on mounting height and distance. BRS has a good video for the AB+ settings for various tank sizes and mixed/sps. Also 12 hours on is recommended including ramp and moonlight time

OP
OP
LeftFootedJedi

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS showed crazy high whites though.. I know I can’t completely avoid the uglies, but I’d like to keep it under control as much as possible. Algae loves the whites..

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.5%
Back