AI Prime HD general question

SickBoyNH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an AI Prime HD. I'm having a problem getting it going....

I've done a bit of searching and know that there are plenty of threads/pages around to find some settings and such....

However, I have a question relating to the basic understanding of those settings...

I have a nano. Its a 15G column. 20"H x 13"w x 13"D.

I'm generally aware that this light is overkill for this tank at full power. But as I look for appropriate settings, here's one thing I haven't understood.... Are settings respective to overall power? In other words, if I had a 100 gallon tank, and wanted 80% blue and 30% white. Wouldn't I still want that same ratio for a 20 gallon, only with lower overall power? Or would I need to do the math myself and set it to 16% blue and 6% white.

Is there a way to keep ratios set at a certain percentage (for benefit of livestock) and lessen the overall power (to proportion respective to tank size/shape)?

I'm having some trouble getting set up with the app and connectivity. For a generally tech-able guy, this seems WAY too hard.... So there is either a fault in the product, or I'm not as tech-able as I thought. Either way, I'm going back to scratch and working my way through setup.... But the past few days have been a struggle with inconsistent lighting on my livestock. So I'm a little desperate for some stability. Can anyone give me some quick recommendations on initial settings until I get something more permanent figured out? Tank details following...

My tank is a nano 15G column, It is 20Hx13x13. I have 6 small corals. They're established in the tank (6 months+) having previously been under a Kessil A80Tuna. My girlfriend is better remembering their names than me, but they were all sold as good starter corals - There is a mushroom, a favia, some zoanthids... All basic stuff. All of them are at varying heights, but none closer than 6" from the surface, and the light is probably 8" or so above the surface.

Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back