AI Prime HD

Msamazing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know how to change the ramp up time on a preset? I am able to adjust the schedule of the whole preset but can’t figure out how to just change ramp up time.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a preset you'll have to go in and manually edit it. So what do you is select your schedule and get the yellow slider bar, go.to the time point where your lights first turn on, at the bottom you should get arrows that look like this
20190811_102408.jpg
if you select and slide that, you can adjust your beginning time to lengthen or shorten your ramp time. Otherwise only other way I one of is to create a new schedule and tell it what you want your ramp time to be :)
I hope this helps

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was very helpful! Thank you. how much time do yo use for ramp up and also sunrise to sunset?
Ramp up is generally anywhere from an hour to 90 minutes. I'm running the David Saxby schedule which has a pretty long ramp up and down and starts at 10am and finishes around 11pm.
But if you want to run the standard 10 hour do an hour up and an hour down. Sunrise and sunset times are going to depend on you. If you work first shift and want to enjoy the tank when you get home you could do 11am to 9pm so you can enjoy it in the evening. If you're a second shifter you could start at 7am and have it off by 5pm. Totally up to you:)

OP
OP
M

Msamazing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put in my first couple of coral frags as I am just getting started. How much time total do yo recommend for light in a day? If I use one hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down, how many more hours of full light? In other words, how many total hours from start to finish?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back