AI Prime HD

yomikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im new to reefing and my tank is about 6 months old. I have a set of AI Prime HD lights and i have the hardest time connecting to them. I have done everything i can think of including resetting my modem and router to deleting the app and reinstalling it with a completely new set up and it still takes FOREVER to connect if it does at all. I have a samsung galaxy s9+ so i dont think its the phone. Can anyone help

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With mine I usually have trouble if I try to connect to it locally but if I log in on the app and connect to it from the cloud there is no trouble at all.

SeaTheDifference

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im new to reefing and my tank is about 6 months old. I have a set of AI Prime HD lights and i have the hardest time connecting to them. I have done everything i can think of including resetting my modem and router to deleting the app and reinstalling it with a completely new set up and it still takes FOREVER to connect if it does at all. I have a samsung galaxy s9+ so i dont think its the phone. Can anyone help
I just set my lights up yesterday. On your S9 open the app. On a second device or open your phone's browser and access your home's modem. Once in the modem look for the serial# for your light. Click details and write down the IP ADDRESS. Return to your app and proceed with the install. When asked to find the lights or enter IP Address, enter the IP and that's it. Now on to setting up your light. Please note if you want to do a fresh instal push and hold the reset button on the light until it turns red. Then proceed with the above.

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good network app is called Fing it will tell you all devices on the network and their Mac address and IP address. You can download it from the google app store I think apple app store too.

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had trouble connecting my phone to my Primes and Hydras for a long time. My modem/router were located quite a distance away (easily 50-60 ft and did not have line of sight to the lights. I finally moved my WiFi modem/router physically much closer to the lights and now I can connect flawlessly. Ideally there's a clear line of sight from the router to the lights.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back