AI Prime on Nano

Debbie L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an AI prime light and have been running it for a couple of weeks on my 10g nano. Previously was using a kessil A80 tuna blue. Today I downloaded several presets and am using the Saxby program. Since the tank is small, I am looking for suggestions on what level to bring these presets down to. I currently have one easy sps coral and a few softies/lps. Trying to not set any of the corals on fire with the intense light.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I think best way is to rent or borrow a par meter. Otherwise it’s hard to know what proper intensity should be.

you maybe able to rent one from you lfs. If you were closer to LA you could borrow my seneye.

good luck- ps I have many primes. Love these lights!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Debbie L

Debbie L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I think best way is to rent or borrow a par meter. Otherwise it’s hard to know what proper intensity should be.

you maybe able to rent one from you lfs. If you were closer to LA you could borrow my seneye.

good luck- ps I have many primes. Love these lights!
I will ask the lfs I frequent if they have one I could borrow. I knew nothing about this light when we bought it. I happened to mention the light I had wasn’t cutting it for the corals. It is an amazing light so far.

Upvote 0

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't get a par meter-

The par chart thats on the AI website tells you what the par readings are at their stated distance (24inches I think?)

Saxby approximiate reduces the par by 50% if you use full Saxby from that chart bc the chart is 100% every channel (you can get a better approx based on that little watt circle in the app if you two-figure dragged the Saxby setting to a lower partial output). You can then figure out the par at that distance (24inches) under yiur specific output level.

Then, using the inverse square formula of light intensity vs distance, you can approximate the par of your specific distance of your tank

Edit: typo - watt circle, not water circle

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back