AI prime Radion combo reefer 170

Sharkbait13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I hope you’re having a lovely week thus far! I was wanting to pick at your brain because I was curious about doing a Radion Prime combo.
As of right now on my reefer 170 I am running two AI prime 16HD’s and two Nero5’s (40ish%) and an unopened reef wave 25 for (diversity of flow but I’m wanting to do a sps dominate mixed reef and was curious if two AI primes would be sufficient or if I should do two primes plus an XR-15 pro to grow sps?

Currently running the Mixed reef schedule from Waterbox on my primes.
Thank you all for your help, it’s greatly appreciated.

right now I have branching montipora, green slimer, deep water temptress, some random acros from reef stock and birds nest from WWC. I’ve been since I was 16 (mid twenties now) and haven’t done much sps but the bug bit me.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably be fine with the AI Primes, in all honesty (you may just need to have the SPS placed more towards the top half of the tank). I think two AI Primes + XR15 will be overkill, but you may be able to get away with a single XR15 G5 or G6. Just something to think about.

I have about two dozen SPS in my tank under Radion XR30/XR15s in about 125-175 PAR, so you don't necessarily need a ton of light.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back