AI prime settings and height?

Dominat0r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent and enjoy, let us know your progress.

To give you all an update...I have switched over my tank (a little quicker than anticipated), cause my 20 framless cracked on me. I am now using my Prime HD on a Biocube 29 HQI model.

Can see it here..

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/doms-biocube-29-build-hqi.317707/page-2#post-3991356

Here is a full tank shot as of yesterday. I am about 7" AWL and abot 20" to the sand bed.

IMG_6295.JPG

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite basic settings but everything in my tank is doing phenomenal and growing like weeds. Weekly 10 gallon water changes and dosing brightwell part a and b. 45 gallon jbj rimless.

IMG_1623.PNG

IMG_1622.JPG

djorijun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I'm currently running a 28g Nano Cube with AI Prime HD. I was originally running on the 3rd level Saxby settings but was not happy with the amount of blues being used. I originally came from the stock NanoCube LED PRO setup so my corals weren't really digging the amount of blue. I've tried making adjustments to no avail. I have read a few articles of folks going with more reds/whites/uv for growth with just small hints of blue for color. I wonder if anyone here has had success with something like this? I've made some adjustments but am no professional. Am I the only person who doesn't love the all blue?

PS I have a mixed reef.

Dominat0r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the Saxby low power setup for a month or so now. It does give nice growth, but it seems to maybe bleach out the corals a bit. I was about 6-7" AWL. I moved it up a bit and switched over to another setup with a little less light. I am using the SPS/LPS 12" AWL setup. I will post some progress in a few weeks.

Even after switching it last night, the corals look a little happier today and are opening up a little more.

djorijun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the Saxby low power setup for a month or so now. It does give nice growth, but it seems to maybe bleach out the corals a bit. I was about 6-7" AWL. I moved it up a bit and switched over to another setup with a little less light. I am using the SPS/LPS 12" AWL setup. I will post some progress in a few weeks.

Even after switching it last night, the corals look a little happier today and are opening up a little more.

Is this setting in the zip you sent me? Is this what it's labeled "AI SPS AB+ 12AWL"
Thanks

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I currently have a Fluval evo 13.5 and was recommended to me to get the AI Prime HD... So naturally, I ordered it. Going to be putting it up tomorrow and replacing the current marine light.

In my tank I have Torch, Frogspawn, GSP, Duncan and some Zoe. I wanted to check if anyone could suggest what my settings should be adjusted too.

Thanks reefers.

THE_MAD_REEFER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using my prime HD for a few months but the new anemone seems to not like it. I opens a bit then hides. What uv do you guys use for bta. I think that is the one bugging him. I have mine going from 10 to 35 percent throughout the day.

Havoks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running my lights at 90% intensity, everything loves it, I turn them down for a day or two when i get new corals.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back