AIO crack

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I been having my tank for a while now.. and i wanted to know if this crack that I have going on in my tank will cause issues. It’s in my AIO tank and it’s on the last chamber where the return water pump is at. I have added pictures to see what everyone thinks :)

IMG_1996.jpeg

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I been having my tank for a while now.. and i wanted to know if this crack that I have going on in my tank will cause issues. It’s in my AIO tank and it’s on the last chamber where the return water pump is at. I have added pictures to see what everyone thinks :)

IMG_1996.jpeg

Not sure I am seeing a crack? Is it in the back wall? I see a line running vertically but it appears to be the corner of the far back glass panel?

Can you highlight the area of concern?

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I am seeing a crack? Is it in the back wall? I see a line running vertically but it appears to be the corner of the far back glass panel?

Can you highlight the area of concern?
Yes that big one I had it sealed but with cleaning I pulled the glue by accident…

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 43

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that big one I had it sealed but with cleaning I pulled the glue by accident…

Is it an actual crack or just the seam?

Are you noticing any leaks?

Not sure I would be comfortable trying to reseal a seam in a running tank. Maybe transfer everything into a brute can and then reseal that seam? Its more work and takes some time.. you gotta transfer everything, dry out the tank, seal the seam, allow the sealer to cure and then put everything back.. but in the end its better that water on the floor or a completely wiped out tank....

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it an actual crack or just the seam?

Are you noticing any leaks?

Not sure I would be comfortable trying to reseal a seam in a running tank. Maybe transfer everything into a brute can and then reseal that seam? Its more work and takes some time.. you gotta transfer everything, dry out the tank, seal the seam, allow the sealer to cure and then put everything back.. but in the end its better that water on the floor or a completely wiped out tank....
Well that crack goes to the back chambers, because my tank is a all in one tank so that black wall is the separation between the tank and the back chambers…. The whole tank isn’t cracked just that part that goes to the back where all my filtration is at

ReddingReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its an AIO style tank I'm assuming that this in the acrylic panel separating the filter compartment from the tank side. In that case, it might cause fluid to bypass the designed route but if its not the 4 structural panel of glasss (front, back, sides) then I don't see how it would matter long term.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that crack goes to the back chambers, because my tank is a all in one tank so that black wall is the separation between the tank and the back chambers…. The whole tank isn’t cracked just that part that goes to the back where all my filtration is at

You just answered my next question...

If its just the panel that separates the display from the AIO chambers, I wouldn't even blink at it.. leave it alone.. It's fine

Fruity Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being an AIO I assume this is just in the plastic that separates the filtration from the tank?

take everything out temporarily, drain the tank and try to seal/brace the crack.

it doesn’t 100% need to be done, the crack just means your filtration won’t be as effective as it could be with total separation.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being an AIO I assume this is just in the plastic that separates the filtration from the tank?

take everything out temporarily, drain the tank and try to seal/brace the crack.

it doesn’t 100% need to be done, the crack just means your filtration won’t be as effective as it could be with total separation.

Based on the photo provided, that seam appears to be on the intake side of that AIO system. Since that is the side where the water is drawn from the display into the filtration system, a leaking seam there is irrelevant. It should not in any way have an impact on the functionality of the filtration system.

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its an AIO style tank I'm assuming that this in the acrylic panel separating the filter compartment from the tank side. In that case, it might cause fluid to bypass the designed route but if its not the 4 structural panel of glasss (front, back, sides) then I don't see how it would matter long term.
Yea I want to fix it but I have to wait till I get my paycheck and have time but I don’t want it to cause something bigger

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the photo provided, that seam appears to be on the intake side of that AIO system. Since that is the side where the water is drawn from the display into the filtration system, a leaking seam there is irrelevant. It should not in any way have an impact on the functionality of the filtration system.
That side is the last chamber where the “clean water” is getting put back to the main tank. It has the flow thing right next to it. I want to fix it but I have to wait till my paycheck and a day off, but I just didn’t want that crack to cause something bigger

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea I want to fix it but I have to wait till payday and a day off so I can do it, I just didn’t want a simple crack become something worse…

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That side is the last chamber where the “clean water” is getting put back to the main tank. It has the flow thing right next to it. I want to fix it but I have to wait till my paycheck and a day off, but I just didn’t want that crack to cause something bigger

Seriously.. it is a non issue. I would save your paycheck and get a bigger and better tank..

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously.. it is a non issue. I would save your paycheck and get a bigger and better tank..
That’s true, i will leave it and just not mess with it. Soon I’ll be able to afford a big Red Sea tank with a sump. I love how tanks have there sump, is like a another tank with algae and mini living creatures, so amazing! Thanks put my mind in peace :)

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rough crowd.

I don't imagine that is gonna cause any big issues. I don't think it's big enough for particulate waste to get through, so probably not a huge issue. However.

I would absolutely seal that. If for nothing else than peace of mind. If aesthetics are a big concern then I would certainly drain and seal, and clean up the bead to be as minimally visible as possible. If not then I'd probably try to cover it with two part epoxy and superglue.

All that said I don't think this should cause any structural or safety issues, but I may be mistaken. Contacting the manufacturer could be a good call.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s true, i will leave it and just not mess with it. Soon I’ll be able to afford a big Red Sea tank with a sump. I love how tanks have there sump, is like a another tank with algae and mini living creatures, so amazing! Thanks put my mind in peace :)

Not a fan of the Red Sea tanks myself. High pricetag being the main reason. You can get twice the tank for the same cost if you do some homework and are willing to put a bit of effort into the build.

That said, the RS tanks are pretty much "Plug n Play" so if the ease of setup is worth the expense, then they are beautiful tanks.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back