AIO skimmer & light placement

zbrusko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have an IM SR60. Currently, I use arms attached to the tank to mount 2 AI Hydra 32s. However, those arms are attached over the chambers where I need to place my (soon to arrive in the mail) skimmer. So the skimmer won't fit unless I move the mounting arms. My question is, should I go down to one light in the middle, or just position the 2 lights so they are either slightly closer together or farther apart from perfectly spaced over the tank? I hope this question makes sense!

Thanks.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run a 120 gallon tank with 2 radion xr30s over top of it. I've done what i can to even it out but the reality is you really only need optimal PAR over places that corals will reside so they don't need have to be perfectly spaced.
Personally, I'd do my best to keep both running as well but a lot depends on what types of coral you're keeping and how much light they require.

OP
OP
zbrusko

zbrusko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so basically keep both lights. Edge the lights either toward the center or the outer edge - that will adjust my PAR at particular areas, but I can then just deal with that based on my coral needs. Makes sense. The only stony coral I have now are on the sandbed and I can move them slightly if I need to. My lights are running <50%, with the highest PAR where they overlap. I may just spread them a bit. Thanks.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back