Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it is worth my nuvo 10 stock pump is not loud and it is in my very small living room in my very small apartment so if it was loud I would know!

The first two days we had the tank the pump was so so so loud. It gave me a bad headache. I thought maybe it was air bubbles that would go away. Then I stuck my hand in the back and voila - the magnet from the jebao wavemaker had fallen and stuck to the pump.;Blackeye

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it is worth my nuvo 10 stock pump is not loud and it is in my very small living room in my very small apartment so if it was loud I would know!

The first two days we had the tank the pump was so so so loud. It gave me a bad headache. I thought maybe it was air bubbles that would go away. Then I stuck my hand in the back and voila - the magnet from the jebao wavemaker had fallen and stuck to the pump.;Blackeye

good to know if I do get the IM 20 i'll give it a break in period and watch the PH magnets. glad you figured that one out! :D

supersized there not a lot of info on these tanks. i thought they would be more popular option.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup the evo 13.5 are on the short list.
what lighting are you using on it?

I used 1 AI Prime at one point, then I used 2 AI Primes, and now I have a 150w Metal Halide over it. I really like the halide, but miss the LED affects [moonlights, sunrise/set etc.]

I'm upgrading to a 55 gallon which is getting my metal halide, and i'm going back to the stock lights/top with a zoa/softy tank in a month or two

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have it narrowed down to 2 tanks...one an AIO and the other a standard.
the AIO is about $100 more the the other. + new media basket and lighting.

where the rimless standard is a $100 less + I can use my AC50 and HOB skimmer if I am in a real pinch.
or go with an over sized canister filter.

hmmmm;Bookworm

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Esage why?
personal preference? have you had both? pros and con of each?
I'm currently running an Innovative marine 50 gallon lagoon AIO. Its has been my favorite tank. I've done the tank with all the hang on equipment and hate the look with all the clutter. I've done the tank with sump and got tired on always being on my knees to do tank maintenance in the sump. I really like how all the equipment is hidden and how easy to is to do maintenance on the Innovative marine tanks.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running an Innovative marine 50 gallon lagoon AIO. Its has been my favorite tank. I've done the tank with all the hang on equipment and hate the look with all the clutter. I've done the tank with sump and got tired on always being on my knees to do tank maintenance in the sump. I really like how all the equipment is hidden and how easy to is to do maintenance on the Innovative marine tanks.

thanks for the input. I am a month or so out from "needing" to make a choice but I tell you I keep going back in forth.
I have never had an AIO so I dont know. but it seem like most ppl mod it anyway so it like whats the point. haha

also thinking about the ad on AIO box like the fiji cube etc. but just not sure.

honestly I bet it's gonna come don to if I can "fit" a peninsula tank where i want and what size. we are still rearranging the whole house.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just thought I would update this tread ... as I always wonder what people did, maybe that's me but if anyone cares
I decided to go the AIO the IM 25 Lagoon. I went back in forth foe quite some time. it will be my 1st AIO so i'll let you know how it goes then I have more feedback to offer someone else trying to choose :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back