Aiptasia cure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That should be the product name lol
Is there a thread to follow on it?

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just bought F-Aiptasia from Frank's Tank's. I don't think it's a UWC product ...

Correct. UWC had mentioned an in tank treatment for them a while back. F-aiptasia appears to be a concentrated kalk paste. It solidifies on the anemone just like kalk paste does if you use it thick enough, and users report an acute spike in PH and alk upon administering it. I’ve been using kalk paste for a while and it is moderately effective. It absolutely kills the small ones dead and for good. The giant ones it will melt them down to blob but they reproduce and come back without immediate reapplication once it’s visible again

Gaz uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They said it was a few months off months ago, so can't be far from ready, I have tried everything and still these gits won't go away from my tanks, hurry up please :(

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They said it was a few months off months ago, so can't be far from ready, I have tried everything and still these gits won't go away from my tanks, hurry up please :(
Try Frank's F Aptasia impressive. It's better than aptasia x, kalk paste. I'm crossing my fingers, I may be aptasia free after years of battles.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
F-aptasia works!

I had some the size of small rock flower anemones, this stuff killed them right down to bare rock again. Anything you get it on, it will kill.

Different then aptasia-X or kalk paste,but similar. Not sure whats in it, but I have 3 that kept coming back on a clm shell regardless of what I tried. A month after F-aptasia and they still have not shown their ugly heads.

EDIT:
Sorry, hate to talk up a competitors product on a sponsor forum, just realized I was in a different sponsor section.

Gaz uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Its like 18 months since they said we have a new product coming yawn i gave up waiting, oh well i bought a filefish and it's done a fantastic job in cleaning 90% of it, only bits it can't get to is the direct flow of the mp40s on the rocks, buy a file fish guys better than any product that claims to get rid of aps.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Its like 18 months since they said we have a new product coming yawn i gave up waiting, oh well i bought a filefish and it's done a fantastic job in cleaning 90% of it, only bits it can't get to is the direct flow of the mp40s on the rocks, buy a file fish guys better than any product that claims to get rid of aps.
File fish are decent but berghia are these best.

Gaz uk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just checking back on this thread, looks like UWC went silent or couldn't make a product that worked on Aiptasia, not to worry my filefish has kept it under control :)

Back