Aiptasia laser

funkyrxman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have an aiptasia and Majano issue in my 450g. My tank is 48” deep, and moving rocks is difficult. I’ve researched the issue exhaustively, and I’m thinking of going the laser route. I’ve read it’s safe for acrylic due to the lack of heat build up because of the transparency of the acrylic. For some reason I’m worried about burning a hole in my tank with the laser. Anyone have any success stories? I think my bird wrasse would eat peppermints, and some of my pest anemones have their own zip code. I have zoos, and don’t want them eaten. Someone please reassure me that I won’t ruin my tank or go blind doing this. You guys are the best.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have an aiptasia and Majano issue in my 450g. My tank is 48” deep, and moving rocks is difficult. I’ve researched the issue exhaustively, and I’m thinking of going the laser route. I’ve read it’s safe for acrylic due to the lack of heat build up because of the transparency of the acrylic. For some reason I’m worried about burning a hole in my tank with the laser. Anyone have any success stories? I think my bird wrasse would eat peppermints, and some of my pest anemones have their own zip code. I have zoos, and don’t want them eaten. Someone please reassure me that I won’t ruin my tank or go blind doing this. You guys are the best.

Honestly the laser will not work so save your money. I have tried this route, the lasers you need are not cheap, and its far better, safer and cheaper to buy some berghia nudibranch or a Filefish which are known to kill Aiptasia.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a pretty severe Aiptasia issue and I considered the laser also. Eventually I decided against the laser because I was afraid of accidentally zapping a fish - I might have been overly cautious. I tried aiptaisaX and thought it’s was awesome at first but then I realized I wasn’t really killing my Aiptasia just getting them to retract for a week and also prompting them to spread (perhaps user error). In the end I went with Berghia and a Marginalis butterfly and now my main display is Aiptasia free as far as I can tell. I have a 300 hundred display plumbed into the one that got the Berghia and Marginalis and it’s still Aiptasia city in there. I’ll be giving Berghia a go in that system at some point.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back