Aiptasia? Something else?

mirandagilson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
Biloxi, Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recent found about a half inch Aiptasia in my tank. After killing it 2 of my zoa frags had tiny little white fuzzy waving things. I thought Aiptasia and threw them away. Now another zoa has it. I’ve attached a picture. Can anyone tell me what that all is? I don’t wanna throw this grab away. Tank is less than 2 months old.
IMG_9350.jpeg
 
Thanks guys. While I’m relieved it’s not baby Aiptasia, I feel stupid for throwing away 2 beautiful and healthy zoa frags. Lesson learned.
Yes, don't throw away live coral, if they are still kicking you can save them, especially soft coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new