OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@twilliard didn't you mention raising the temp real high? What's the risk in this method? I could remove rocks and place in a 10g to do this.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 92 to 94 degrees.
What happens is they let go and float around like little blobs and then must be caught in either a filter sock or a net.
The risk is loosing sensitive coral.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 92 to 94 degrees.
What happens is they let go and float around like little blobs and then must be caught in either a filter sock or a net.
The risk is loosing sensitive coral.
I just have rock, no coral to worry about. Can I place rock directly back in tank? Was thinking of using an empty 10g and adding on a heater, then use a net to remove. How does this sound?

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have rock, no coral to worry about. Can I place rock directly back in tank? Was thinking of using an empty 10g and adding on a heater, then use a net to remove. How does this sound?
Yup that would be perfect!
Put the heater on high ;)

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I lived closer to you, I'd gladly take the aipstasia off your hands. I'd like to experiment the benifits of a aipstasia scrubber. Yes I know it sounds insane, but with the proper sized UV sterilizer, contamination into the DT should be negligible.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I lived closer to you, I'd gladly take the aipstasia off your hands. I'd like to experiment the benifits of a aipstasia scrubber. Yes I know it sounds insane, but with the proper sized UV sterilizer, contamination into the DT should be negligible.
Mine came in on frags, sneaky little pest.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember they look like little blobs and nothing like an anemone oh and small
This works great! Started with a few small rocks and will do a video when I do the mother colony.

This was brought up on a different thread: do aptasia have a powerful sting that could kill small fish? (I haven't lost none just curious)

petro2342

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the Aiptasia Solution and although it worked I found them multiplying by a ton! I literally had about 25 on one small piece of rock. I would take the rock out and put it in a small container and use the aiptasia solution on them with no water movement. I got sick and tired of taking the rock out all the time because it was time consuming and I would have to move the rock around to get all sides of it. Anyways, I went to my local fish store last saturday to buy 4 peppermint shrimps and now 5 days later I can almost say they are all gone! Wow I didnt think they were going to do anything, but last couple of days I noticed that they are all just about gone! I feel relieved!

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppers are hit or miss on aiptasia controll
Also size of the aiptasia is a consideration when using peppers

petro2342

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hear and I am glad I bought a pack of 4. First couple of days they didn't do anything. Now I can gladly say my one rock that was fully infested with them is 100% Aiptasia free! Wouldn't hurt to buy and try!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I allow them in my overflows for just that reason. However, after losing my copperband (sold it when it ate my lps - worst move I made as it was very healthy for over 1.5yrs) I have more issues in main display. Curious if you could get them to grow in one area like algae.

Hate the buggers in general. Good luck getting rid of yours. I just spot kill with Aiptasia X. Only works for a while. They come back. Just like weeds in the garden (if it is organic) :)

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting these in my DT has taught me a valuable lesson: anything wet will be put through quarintine. I don't want a war like this again.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 days ago I used a syringe a diabetic gave me mixed up a lil kalkwasser in a tiny bit of hot ro water. Thick but not so thick I could t squeeze it out. Got tiny needle as close as I could and shot the kalk in there. It closed up on it. After about 30 min there is no trace so I glued over it. I have one pop up every now and again. Last time was on a small rock so I carefully put it in a cup under water and removed it.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cooked had a few on the powerhead, vids to come of this war once I'm done.
0228161337a.jpg

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 days ago I used a syringe a diabetic gave me mixed up a lil kalkwasser in a tiny bit of hot ro water. Thick but not so thick I could t squeeze it out. Got tiny needle as close as I could and shot the kalk in there. It closed up on it. After about 30 min there is no trace so I glued over it. I have one pop up every now and again. Last time was on a small rock so I carefully put it in a cup under water and removed it.
Last few times I'm guessing by removed you put glue over? Curious

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back