Air exposure

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone had Abit of a tank emergency and had to grab another tank and swap everything. I'm to the point of starting to move livestock. My tank has been up for alittle over a year. I've got good coraline and quite a few corals. Hammers welso monti shrooms zoas cyphastrea psamcora torchs birds nest a few others. Also brittle stars emerald crabs and turbo snails. Is any of this sensitive to air exposure? I could have sworn that I've read coraline algae and some inverts are sensitive. Also any tips for moving coral mini colony's. Just kinda shake them to get them to close then move them? Thanks in advance everyone.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had plenty of frags with Coraline on them in the air with no side effects. Granted that they are all sea dwellings critters and the air will eventually become a problem. I think u will be ok though.

OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had plenty of frags with Coraline on them in the air with no side effects. Granted that they are all sea dwellings critters and the air will eventually become a problem. I think u will be ok though.
Good point about the frags. Duh sometimes I feel like I over think things... Check that I overthink things of the time...

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think "air exposure" is a myth. Ive never kept anything that couldn't handle short periods of time exposed to air including fish, corals, inverts, starfish, clams, and sponges.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back